The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone used Lemon Law or Buy Back?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
My personal opinion the electronics interface for all new cars is flaky. And when I am saying new cars, I'm saying new cars with a new protocol. For example JLR new system launched in 2020, was full of bugs and issues. You had warning lights as soon as you started the car. It wasn't until my 22 did they hammer everything out. Still new updates bring new problems. Since they are OTA, you have no way to stop it. You might have a brick when you wake up.

Rivian bricked all of their vehicles with a software update.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You clearly have a defective car. Buy backs, and by extension the lemon law is exactly for people who have had your experience.

I think you should ask for a new car unless you're so tired of Ineos. My experience isn't at all what your experience is.

Good luck

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You clearly have a defective car. Buy backs, and by extension the lemon law is exactly for people who have had your experience.

I think you should ask for a new car unless you're so tired of Ineos. My experience isn't at all what your experience is.

Good luck
I am tossed up right now on whether I want another one now or wait a year or two until bugs get ironed out. My fiance thinks I should just get another now since I love the hell out of the Gren. It truly is a special vehicle and it bums me out that I got a Lemon.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am tossed up right now on whether I want another one now or wait a year or two until bugs get ironed out. My fiance thinks I should just get another now since I love the hell out of the Gren. It truly is a special vehicle and it bums me out that I got a Lemon.
Difficult choices. I guess you need to decide if the issue is your car or the entire generation of cars.
I'm sure you've met up locally with other owners and seen the difference in their car experience.

i'm only 2,000 miles in but i've had zero issues. in fact the only thing that tripped me up was that i didn't slam the hood hard enough to get it fully latched. once i learned the technique to slam from shoulder height, that warning went away. I park my car largely monday to friday and only drive it on the weekends. no tender or anything, its perfectly fine. i have only a single battery (i have the subwoofer in my car).

i am planning to add a second battery but i won't wire it in the way ineos did it. i will keep it separate with an isolator circuit. i would like to move the high powered overhead switches to the second battery but i haven't researched yet how to do that.

I got to say once i got the agile offroad steering stabilizer on it, the lingering slight unhappiness i had with the driving on the freeway went away.

Last edited:

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Difficult choices. I guess you need to decide if the issue is your car or the entire generation of cars.
I'm sure you've met up locally with other owners and seen the difference in their car experience.

i'm only 2,000 miles in but i've had zero issues. in fact the only thing that tripped me up was that i didn't slam the hood hard enough to get it fully latched. once i learned the technique to slam from shoulder height, that warning went away. I park my car largely monday to friday and only drive it on the weekends. no tender or anything, its perfectly fine. i have only a single batter (i have the subwoofer in my car).

i am planning to add a second battery but i won't wire it in the way ineos did it. i will keep it separate. i would like to move the high powered overhead switches to the second battery but i haven't researched yet how to do that.

I got to say once i got the agile offroad steering stabilizer on it, the lingering slight unhappiness i had with the driving on the freeway went away.
That's great! That's the experience you should have and I was hoping for. I personally don't mind the steering or driving characteristics.

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
websters def of quirky.
unusual in especially an interesting or appealing way.

My college GF thought she was a witch and liked to hop on, at midnight at the golf course. ... interesting AND appealing...

Sorry to say ain't nuttin' quirky about any of this shit, yet the word keeps being used.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
websters def of quirky.
unusual in especially an interesting or appealing way.

My college GF thought she was a witch and liked to hop on, at midnight at the golf course. ... interesting AND appealing...

Sorry to say ain't nuttin' quirky about any of this shit, yet the word keeps being used.
When it is hear say, like what you said about your GF it is insane but when you are there it is quirky…I am living with my quirky Gren :ROFLMAO:

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I sent a letter to Ineos requesting a buyback due to all of the electrical issues that I have been experiencing. They failed to respond within the 30 days that they legally have, which is very disappointing. I was hoping that they would be easy to work with being a new company making a name for themselves. My attorney is drafting a final demand before we would have to take it to court to get resolved. I am hoping to hear something from them before it gets to that point.

I will keep this thread alive until resolved to help others who may be experiencing issues, or are going down this same path.

oyster414

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any news or response? Mine is going back in this week for the HVAC issues. Third time I've brought it in with no fix. I love this thing and am hoping to not go down the lemon law route.
It was one thing to have dysfunctional ac in the summer. But now that its starting to rain a lot here in Oregon, I'm having window defrost issues.
80k vehicle and I have a towel in the car to clean the windshield and have to crack the windows.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any news or response? Mine is going back in this week for the HVAC issues. Third time I've brought it in with no fix. I love this thing and am hoping to not go down the lemon law route.
It was one thing to have dysfunctional ac in the summer. But now that its starting to rain a lot here in Oregon, I'm having window defrost issues.
80k vehicle and I have a towel in the car to clean the windshield and have to crack the windows.
They never responded to the request for buyback letter, or the final demand letter. Filed a lawsuit, in which they have not reaponded as well. Needless to say, they are not good with taking care of customers. They had 30 days to respond to the lawsuit, now have to petition to the court to have them rule in my favor due to lack of communication.

My car is back in the shop. Have had it for 2 weeks, waiting on a part that has already been replaced 2 times. Apparently 4th part is the charm. Corporate tech reps said that is the bad part. I'm not holding my breath. But in 6 months of owning the car, they have had it for 2 months. Not a good look.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
My personal opinion the electronics interface for all new cars is flaky. And when I am saying new cars, I'm saying new cars with a new protocol. For example JLR new system launched in 2020, was full of bugs and issues. You had warning lights as soon as you started the car. It wasn't until my 22 did they hammer everything out. Still new updates bring new problems. Since they are OTA, you have no way to stop it. You might have a brick when you wake up.

Rivian bricked all of their vehicles with a software update.

Its interesting that you mention Rivian. Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche finally came to the realization that modern vehicles (especially EV's) are more and more a computer first and a mechanical device second. As a result they realized that they need help in the software and technology side and couldn't wait to develop that expertise in-house so instead are investing $5 billion in Rivian to get access to Rivian's software and technology.

It certainly feels to me that the software side of the Ineos team was an after thought. So many of the interface and software issues seem to be the result of poor programing or systems selection and integration. The HVAC system is astonishingly bad.

Dlucky

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They never responded to the request for buyback letter, or the final demand letter. Filed a lawsuit, in which they have not reaponded as well. Needless to say, they are not good with taking care of customers. They had 30 days to respond to the lawsuit, now have to petition to the court to have them rule in my favor due to lack of communication.

My car is back in the shop. Have had it for 2 weeks, waiting on a part that has already been replaced 2 times. Apparently 4th part is the charm. Corporate tech reps said that is the bad part. I'm not holding my breath. But in 6 months of owning the car, they have had it for 2 months. Not a good look.
Thanks for keeping us posted. Very helpful

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score

An interesting situation and obviously things are different in the US to here in Australia.
I am surprised you are taking legal action against Ineos to buy the vehicle back.
I thought you purchase from a dealer in the US and not direct from Ineos as we do here.
I would have thought you would need to take action against the dealer as the main company and Ineos as the second.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought you purchase from a dealer in the US and not direct from Ineos as we do here.
I would have thought you would need to take action against the dealer as the main company and Ineos as the second.
Welcome to the US... From what I have gathered, the buyback happens through a dealer, but is provided by the manufacturer (such that the dealer isn't the one to lose the money). Not that the manufacturer is truly out any finances either as the vehicle can be resold after it is bought back as a used vehicle

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
If it's a Lemon why are you still driving it? Surely, if it's not fit for purpose, you should return the vehicle and not try to repair it?

Please, brief of us of the process once you declare the vehicle is unfit for purposes?

Local time
Reaction score
Lemon laws are product liability laws. The manufacturer is on the hook, but it’s returned thru a dealer. If you buy a new Milwaukee drill from Home Depot and it doesn’t work out of the box, you return it to Home Depot, ypu don’t mail it to Milwaukee, and they in turn dance with Milwaukee. If that drill explodes and takes an eye out, you sue Milwaukee. The only thing I’ve ever had an issue with that was direct to manufacturer was a gun. It seems if it’s inoperable out rod then box communication is straight to the manufacturer for repair, no shop refunds. I guess because of all the legal paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom