The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone removed the surround for the fuel filler?

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
One of the first mods I plan to do is remove the stupid restricted fuel filler and replace with a high flow filler. I work remote, and have access to high flow nozzles only. Had a look at the dealers, and could not see how to remove the plastic panel surrounding the fuel filler.There appear to be 4 x indents on the panel..Could be for a screw driver to press? Fill pipes are available on line for around $100 AU.
Well worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: HT

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
One of the first mods I plan to do is remove the stupid restricted fuel filler and replace with a high flow filler. I work remote, and have access to high flow nozzles only. Had a look at the dealers, and could not see how to remove the plastic panel surrounding the fuel filler.There appear to be 4 x indents on the panel..Could be for a screw driver to press? Fill pipes are available on line for around $100 AU.
Poke around - someone designed an adapter and someone else suggested a different car manufacturers adapter (I don't recall which though).

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
I think you want to replace the filler neck and cap, not just use an adapter/funnel? Talk to @Caveman a.k.a. GrenX.
He posted about converting to a hi-flow filler here and mentions a hi-flow filler option as part of the Brown Davis auxiliary tank upgrade on his website here. Scroll down that page to the Fuel Tank section.

Reactions: HT

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Yes thanks Clark, Yes we are in testing for the replacement hi-flow filler in my vehicle. It will be sold in the kit with the aux fuel tank with estimated stock availability in June. I have seen some plastic adapters online but not sure how good they work.

Attachments

• fueltank1.jpeg
    fueltank1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom