The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hands Free Phone Mic - quality / performance / position, is unacceptable.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Mine is an early 23 model - have had no problems with the hands-free phone and I ask callers if they hear me ok. So far all good. I wonder if later models with extra gizmos are suffering with RFI (interference)

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
I haven't been able to be heard properly on a single call in 18 months. Be it with an iphone, an android, ... I've tried half a dozen phones to no avail.

It's now a joke with my interlocutors when I forget to activate the spearker and leave them a message: “I didn't understand a word, were you in your Grenadier?"

In bluetooth, navigation or music cuts off randomly.

I put my phone on a stand and use the speakerphone (...)

CHM

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
That would be because I live in a first world country
As evidenced by your immediate use of insult. My comment was partly a joke and partly because you are talking about your longing to have two phones connected in a thread about the fact that one phone does not work. If I offended your first-world sensitivities, then please accept my apology.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
As evidenced by your immediate use of insult. My comment was partly a joke and partly because you are talking about your longing to have two phones connected in a thread about the fact that one phone does not work. If I offended your first-world sensitivities, then please accept my apology.
My comment was also meant tongue in cheek.

Out of interest one phone works very well, two phones is more difficult, but since software update now works.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I’ve tested 3 grenadiers, a mid 23, late 23 and a mid 24 here in Aus (friends/mine/loan car) all with an iPhone 13 and the people on the other end all report that on all cars the sound is poor and gets worse the faster you go. “You sound like you’re underwater, and it’s noisy” is the common feedback. I suspect that it’s the software not doing voice isolation very well. 🤷‍♂️

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
I’ve tested 3 grenadiers, a mid 23, late 23 and a mid 24 here in Aus (friends/mine/loan car) all with an iPhone 13 and the people on the other end all report that on all cars the sound is poor and gets worse the faster you go. “You sound like you’re underwater, and it’s noisy” is the common feedback. I suspect that it’s the software not doing voice isolation very well. 🤷‍♂️
I used to have the issue where people couldn’t hear me when using hands free with iPhone 14 but since the latest update all is good , even my mother can hear me now 😂

Back
Top Bottom