The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Corporate/Dealer Event Grenadier trips to Botswana and Namibia

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the prices and had to double check. I'm sure they will fill all the seats but it will be only the extremely affluent who will be able to afford it and not the average Ineos owner.. Not sure what ineos marketing are trying to say here.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the prices and had to double check. I'm sure they will fill all the seats but it will be only the extremely affluent who will be able to afford it and not the average Ineos owner.. Not sure what ineos marketing are trying to say here.
It looks fantastic, as long as you do not look at the price. Namibia for me. :)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
I think I would be a bit embarrassed to admit I went for it
Not at all! Go for it, send some great pictures!
… and let us envy you in an open minded way as grumpy old men do. („…I would never go to that trip even if I would become a trillionaire. He’s a spoiled little boy! I never liked him.“)

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
I did a fly-drive to Namibia about 12 years ago which was about £6k per head plus flights.
Even then I received quotes over £15k staying at the luxury resort hotels (suites) including hot air balloon rides etc.
So £20k per head doesn't sound unreasonable if you are going for top end travel. Beyond my budget though.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
I suspect the logistics of bringing the vehicles to the location along with whatever supplies and people needed to support the tour has to be pretty expensive. You divide that by the number of people attending and you probably double the cost compared to a safari...

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
I think it sounds spendy but also like a great trip. I truly enjoyed my journey through Namibia in a 110 20 years ago and I think it would be great in a gren. If it's luxury hotels and food is never going to be cheap, especially if they contract with a British safari shop.

When I did my trip I organized it myself and it was 1/3rd of what the specialty US and UK tour operators quoted. But you need to know what you're doing and much can go wrong if you travel like I did, an experienced operator got all planning sorted so it's all just journey and experiences.

ValaisGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else had the email for the two separate 8 night trips to Botswana and Namibia, for the bargain price of £28,200 and £20,000 respectively.

It sure is a once in a lifetime chance to blow a large amount of cash.

For that money you could hire an overlanding vehicle and go for a couple of months for that kind of money or even buy a 4x4 and kit it out if there is two of you.

When you take flights and other expenses into account I could buy a good second hand Grenny for the Botswana trip if me and the Mrs were going to do it.

Fair play fo anyone who can afford that and think nothing of it, but even if I could I wouldn’t tbh.
Not sure there will many wild animals to see anyway....

Namibia to cull wild animals amid drought​

https://www.dw.com/en/namibia-to-cull-wild-animals-amid-drought/a-70097693

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fwiw my wife saw me typing about this on the keyboard and now thinks we should go to Namibia...
The Botswana trip is very expensive, I wonder why. Security costs?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
haters are gonna hate but.... I decided to sign up for the namibia trip.
We did our honeymoon overlanding in africa a bit over 20 years ago. Mocambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and then up to Namibia. We spent 6 weeks in africa, mostly in a defender 110. We did bush flights to go long distances (chartered a single engine cessna which was surprisingly affordable in africa).

Wife got pretty fired up over coffee of the idea of going back to Namibia, a place we really loved and she thought it would be neat to do it in a grenadier and not having to sort out shipping mine over. So we signed up. Sure its expensive but i want to do the adventures while my body can do it, my father wasn't much older than me when he passed away.

We will see if i get lucky and get to join. They got to sort that out soon, getting organized for flights etc is a bit of an effort and i got to slip that by my boss without offending him given how much i've been gone already this year.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fwiw my wife saw me typing about this on the keyboard and now thinks we should go to Namibia...
The Botswana trip is very expensive, I wonder why. Security costs?
Botswana is very safe and a model of governance in African standards. The authorities stamp down on crime with an iron fist. Namibia safe also but of course in major towns and cities crime does occur especially opportunistic theft.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The last time i was in botswana was a bit over 20 years ago so not sure if the security had changed. It was super safe when i was there at the time (unlike south africa which was quite sketchy in some areas) or Zimbabwe which just had started to purge white farmers.

I'm still somewhat surprised at the cost delta.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Botswana aims at high end tourism but a flight into the delta for a posh safari is one hell of an experience if you want to splash the cash. Worth every penny in my view. You only live once and my my motto is that I don't want to be the richest man in the graveyard. My preference would be to die owing millions to a big bank with a big smile on my face 😎

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We did our honeymoon overlanding in africa a bit over 20 years ago. Mocambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and then up to Namibia. We spent 6 weeks in africa, mostly in a defender 110. We did bush flights to go long distances (chartered a single engine cessna which was surprisingly affordable in africa).

Wife got pretty fired up over coffee of the idea of going back to Namibia, a place we really loved and she thought it would be neat to do it in a grenadier and not having to sort out shipping mine over. So we signed up. Sure its expensive but i want to do the adventures while my body can do it, my father wasn't much older than me when he passed away.

We will see if i get lucky and get to join. They got to sort that out soon, getting organized for flights etc is a bit of an effort and i got to slip that by my boss without offending him given how much i've been gone already this year.
I've got some great memories of my fortnight in Namibia, I can imagine it would be a fabulous trip.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

As mentioned earlier, no haters here, just those of us that don’t understand the cost aspect or who couldn’t afford it anyway. It does sound like a fantastic experience.

Back
Top Bottom