The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Corporate/Dealer Event Grenadier trips to Botswana and Namibia

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else had the email for the two separate 8 night trips to Botswana and Namibia, for the bargain price of £28,200 and £20,000 respectively.

It sure is a once in a lifetime chance to blow a large amount of cash.

For that money you could hire an overlanding vehicle and go for a couple of months for that kind of money or even buy a 4x4 and kit it out if there is two of you.

When you take flights and other expenses into account I could buy a good second hand Grenny for the Botswana trip if me and the Mrs were going to do it.

Fair play fo anyone who can afford that and think nothing of it, but even if I could I wouldn’t tbh.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone else had the email for the two separate 8 night trips to Botswana and Namibia, for the bargain price of £28,200 and £20,000 respectively.

For that money you could hire an overlanding vehicle and go for a couple of months for that kind of money or even buy a 4x4 and kit it out if there is two of you.

When you take flights and other expenses into account I could buy a good second hand Grenny for the Botswana trip if me and the Mrs were going to do it.

Fair play fo anyone who can afford that and think nothing of it, but even if I could I wouldn’t tbh.
Oh @Shaky , now you've beaten me to it. I got the invitation too and wanted to ask you if you'd like to come along. Then we could share our experiences. ;)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those of us Stateside, the Botswana trip for a couple without flights would allow you to buy a brand new Grenadier and have some cash in your pocket...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those of us Stateside, the Botswana trip for a couple without flights would allow you to buy a brand new Grenadier and have some cash in your pocket...
Now I've spent the money on a Sprinter. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the offer from INEOS next year.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Actually I think if you walked into a showroom in the UK you could get a new one as well.

I am sure the trip is fantastic but the price a bat sh1t crazy if you ask me. What am I getting in Botswana for £3500 per DAY each ?

I bet Logsplitter didn’t spend that on shipping his rig to SA, fuel, visa’s and kitting it out and travelling for several months.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Oh @Shaky , now you've beaten me to it. I got the invitation too and wanted to ask you if you'd like to come along. Then we could share our experiences. ;)

Oh well you should have said before a slagged it off, shall we book together 😂

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It sounds like a fantastic trip - but I think they're missing the mark on pricing. They really don't seem to understand the US Grenadier buyer.

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
I can paint one dog in zebra stripes, the other I can hair style like a lion, and the cat... well, the cat is fierce from living with the zebra and the lion, so no need to pretend she's not already a 130 lb leopard who will drop from a tree and claw me if given the chance. I'll pop the safari windows, get the camera ready, drive into the back yard and save myself $50k! Who's with me? I can fit 1 or maybe 2 other vehicles back there, but we'll have to coordinate turning around. Diff locks will not be needed, but you will need a spotter... 😁😁

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can paint one dog in zebra stripes, the other I can hair style like a lion, and the cat... well, the cat is fierce from living with the zebra and the lion, so no need to pretend she's not already a 130 lb leopard who will drop from a tree and claw me if given the chance. I'll pop the safari windows, get the camera ready, drive into the back yard and save myself $50k! Who's with me? I can fit 1 or maybe 2 other vehicles back there, but we'll have to coordinate turning around. Diff locks will not be needed, but you will need a spotter... 😁😁
I would be interested in principle. But I estimate the ferry costs to be around 26,000 dollars 😂

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Actually I think if you walked into a showroom in the UK you could get a new one as well.

I am sure the trip is fantastic but the price a bat sh1t crazy if you ask me. What am I getting in Botswana for £3500 per DAY each ?

I bet Logsplitter didn’t spend that on shipping his rig to SA, fuel, visa’s and kitting it out and travelling for several months.
Well I don’t want to give exact figures but I reckon we were inside £30k inc shipping for six months. Camping about half the time inc some very nice lodges and flying into the Okovango on private tour for a week plus lots lots more. We stayed in Robin Pope Lodges (check them out) we didn’t skimp but roughed it quite a bit as we love that the most. Wild camping in remote Namibia is far better than any posh Safari lodge in my view. Each to their own and I know someone who’s real keen even at those prices
Edit I think less than £40k but that includes private fly in tour into the Okovango Delta

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well I don’t want to give exact figures but I reckon we were inside £30k inc shipping for six months. Camping about half the time inc some very nice lodges and flying into the Okovango on private tour for a week plus lots lots more. We stayed in Robin Pope Lodges (check them out) we didn’t skimp but roughed it quite a bit as we love that the most. Wild camping in remote Namibia is far better than any posh Safari lodge in my view. Each to their own and I know someone who’s real keen even at those prices
Edit I think less than £40k but that includes private fly in tour into the Okovango Delta

Let me help you put that into perspective;

£40k for six months is essentially £220 per day for the two of you, using your own vehicle.

The Namibia trip is £7050 per day for two of you.

However don’t forget the cost of actually getting to the jump off point.

Landrover (JLR) actually offer something like this in the Arctic or somewhere daft, and I remember thinking that was expensive, but I am sure it was actually a bargain compared.
As someone has already said, there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding of who a typical Grenny owner actually is.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I’m well aware of the perspective
I have to edit that as I have friends who overland permanently on a fraction of that and other friends who think nothing of spending a few £k per night for accommodation or £500 on a bottle of wine at a meal.
To me those prices are crazy and I do some wild stuff at a fraction of those prices but I know plenty who can and do pay those prices. Are they happier than me? I doubt it 👍🏼

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received the email the other day and thought I should start the thread. A bit late I see.
I’m sure the first trip in South Africa came in at £15,000 per couple.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.png
    IMG_1118.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1117.png
    IMG_1117.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 8

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score

Its a ridiculous amount of money considering local pricing.

Back
Top Bottom