The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
The vehicles ordered by "Early Hand Raisers" who have recently signed their contracts are most likely already built and are part of the "batch and hold" process. As soon as my contract was confirmed as "signed", my Ineos website account was updated within a couple of hours. However the sections for "in production"and "in transit" remain vacant.
In addition to this, unlike others who have reported their contract provided an estimate of a production date and subsequent estimation for delivery, mine simply stated that I will be contacted by my agent when to expect delivery!
Being an optimist, I'm wondering if this means that I'm part of the batch and hold process ...the vehicle is not "in production"...it has been produced, and my contract is now assigned to the specific vehicle somewhere in the delivery chain.

I'm wondering if this is a feasible theory and whether the contracts of any other early hand raisers within the Sept-Oct13 slot also state that they will be contacted by their agent when to expect delivery.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
INEOS customer service just told
Me they expect updates on delivery dates within the next two weeks. I guess we have heard that before, but that would be nice

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
According to the Dealer's portal as of today, my est build date is 03.2023
No contract to be seen.
Obviously the portal is not being updated either.
But i live in hope...

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
INEOS customer service just told
Me they expect updates on delivery dates within the next two weeks. I guess we have heard that before, but that would be nice
I had a similar response from them yesterday (UK though) but they were not at all clear (fuc@&*g vague!) as the whether this delivery update would be specific to individual orders (which would be very welcome) or a general update on the batch and hold process. I ended the chat as it was getting nowhere. Don’t think the agent had the info, just a line to tell the customer. But as I said that was UK customer service. At the very least I would have thought IA could let the folks know when their vehicles were on the boat to Australia, they must have prepared a shipping manifest after all!

Local time
Reaction score
The vehicles ordered by "Early Hand Raisers" who have recently signed their contracts are most likely already built and are part of the "batch and hold" process. As soon as my contract was confirmed as "signed", my Ineos website account was updated within a couple of hours. However the sections for "in production"and "in transit" remain vacant.
In addition to this, unlike others who have reported their contract provided an estimate of a production date and subsequent estimation for delivery, mine simply stated that I will be contacted by my agent when to expect delivery!
Being an optimist, I'm wondering if this means that I'm part of the batch and hold process ...the vehicle is not "in production"...it has been produced, and my contract is now assigned to the specific vehicle somewhere in the delivery chain.

I'm wondering if this is a feasible theory and whether the contracts of any other early hand raisers within the Sept-Oct13 slot also state that they will be contacted by their agent when to expect delivery.
I'm in the same situation as you Denis. Just before I signed the contract (which I did today) I inquired if I could make a small change and was told:

"The production team have confirmed that unfortunately the requested change of adding a 'CENTRAL STOWAGE BOX' cannot be made as the vehicle has already entered production."

Tim

Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you Denis. Just before I signed the contract (which I did today) I inquired if I could make a small change and was told:

"The production team have confirmed that unfortunately the requested change of adding a 'CENTRAL STOWAGE BOX' cannot be made as the vehicle has already entered production."

Tim
Well, its begining to look like I'm up SH*T creek, I have been waiting for over a week for a new contract to be sent as the one I received had almost everthing wrong. I mean they didn't even get the color the same as my order, my order summary on the website and the contract could not be any more different and it seems like most people on here are receiving contracts after production has started.

I spoke to my local dealer (middle man) today asking for an update, only to get the old " It seems to be a glitch and someone from IA was supposed to call you today, I'll call them again" The impresion I got, was it may be too late to change anything and someone from Ineos Aus would be best to break the news to me. I could accept this, if this was my mistake and not simply due to their incompetence regarding communication between departments. This all seems to have come from a very minor change I made in Dec after the PT02 test drives, I recieved a ticket number for the changes and was told I probably wont see any changes on the website because that wasn't a priority at that time.

So, I'll be waiting by the phone tomorrow morning for my update, as this will be the decider for me to either stay on this rollercoaster or get off now, before it blows out to another 6-12 months.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Well, its begining to look like I'm up SH*T creek, I have been waiting for over a week for a new contract to be sent as the one I received had almost everthing wrong. I mean they didn't even get the color the same as my order, my order summary on the website and the contract could not be any more different and it seems like most people on here are receiving contracts after production has started.

I spoke to my local dealer (middle man) today asking for an update, only to get the old " It seems to be a glitch and someone from IA was supposed to call you today, I'll call them again" The impresion I got, was it may be too late to change anything and someone from Ineos Aus would be best to break the news to me. I could accept this, if this was my mistake and not simply due to their incompetence regarding communication between departments. This all seems to have come from a very minor change I made in Dec after the PT02 test drives, I recieved a ticket number for the changes and was told I probably wont see any changes on the website because that wasn't a priority at that time.

So, I'll be waiting by the phone tomorrow morning for my update, as this will be the decider for me to either stay on this rollercoaster or get off now, before it blows out to another 6-12 months.
That's really bad for you. I'd hope Ineos have someone who's job is exactly to sort these issues out for early adopters, right down to manually creating a correct order and dropping it into the next production run.

Local time
Reaction score
I had an update today from my dealer. Mines been built, passed the batch and hold process and it is waiting to be transported to the port. Unfortunately not part of the first batch on its way but oh well! June is now probably a realistic delivery date.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
I had an update today from my dealer. Mines been built, passed the batch and hold process and it is waiting to be transported to the port. Unfortunately not part of the first batch on its way but oh well! June is now probably a realistic delivery date.
Whoohoo. Good fir you. Radio silence here still

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine had been built but still in the hold process. Hope itnis out soon because I really want it for my birthday in June.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS rep mentioned, yesterday, delays in getting cars through Australian Ports. He mentioned Melbourne in particular where all cars (and all makes) are now undergoing detailed checks for seeds and insects (bio security risks). At Melbourne they are doing about 600 cars a day, with 6,000 cars on the docks and many ships waiting to be unloaded.

It would seem similar delays will occur at other Australian ports.

The dealer suggested to me it might add another 2 weeks to delivery times, but that was a guesstimate.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS rep mentioned, yesterday, long delays in getting cars through Australian Ports. He mentioned Melbourne in particular where all cars (and all makes) are now undergoing detailed checks for seeds and insects (bio security risks). At Melbourne they are doing about 600 cars a day, with 6,000 cars on the docks and many ships waiting to be unloaded.

Someone here mentioned that someone from INEOS Australia had suggested that they were not as bound to the traditional car ports as other manufacturers and maybe they could sneak them in faster through other ports. I hope that’s true, although not sure how possible/practical that is in practice, the port needs to have RoRo unloading facilities and not sure INEOS has the pull to get the RoRo operators to add additional ports to the schedules.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Someone here mentioned that someone from INEOS Australia had suggested that they were not as bound to the traditional car ports as other manufacturers and maybe they could sneak them in faster through other ports. I hope that’s true, although not sure how possible/practical that is in practice, the port needs to have RoRo unloading facilities and not sure INEOS has the pull to get the RoRo operators to add additional ports to the schedules.
INEOS are using multiple ports, up to 6, in Australia. He also said there are logistics issues from some ports. I took that to mean delivers to Melbourne owners would not come via Port Brisbane.

He said car carriers could only carry 4 IG's at once, limiting options.

All car makers are being impacted.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS rep mentioned, yesterday, delays in getting cars through Australian Ports. He mentioned Melbourne in particular where all cars (and all makes) are now undergoing detailed checks for seeds and insects (bio security risks). At Melbourne they are doing about 600 cars a day, with 6,000 cars on the docks and many ships waiting to be unloaded.

The dealer suggested to me it might add another 2 weeks to delivery times, but that was a guesstimate.
My agent who is also a Ford Dealer, says that the problem in Melbourne is with "seeds". He said that apparently they can only clean 60 cars per day and get them inspected - Perhaps that's just a Ford number.

Back
Top Bottom