The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Good news today

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
@MileHigh That’s weird. I was a late hand raiser with Nov 2022 so I’m not sure why I’m so far ahead of you. I went with a TM with few add-ons so maybe you’re right about the base-up spec.
This is what's confusing. I've given up on how this all went down. I'm in 15k but have a 9/21 reservation with my reservation number of 90000364. Yet I'm slated for a Q1 build date. It's a TM MM with black roof and safari, tow package and that's it.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to the percentage of vehicles that were built before the US dealer net work relationship was established, and their orders canceled?
With only eight colors, and three chassis variants there should be some opportunities for later order holders to move up.
I could easily see a dealer calling me and saying “hey, we’ve got a trial master that the person who ordered it canceled, and it has pretty much everything you want on it except for a couple dealer added things, would you like it?”
With a 2% cancellation rate, that would be several hundred vehicles in the pipeline, I think.
That’s how I got mine. I missed out on a couple of extras on my original order, probably only saved me about 3 months in the end, but I’m still glad I did it.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
My order is in the 7,000's, the vehicle has a build dat on August, 2023, but delivery will be 6-12 month from the build date. Something is not adding up.

DDG

Local time
Reaction score
I’m 17000s. I thought that might be a problem. I also think by getting a standard wagon and then adding all kinds of stuff screwed me.

Do we have a list of reservation date, order number, and build date?

And if someone can get a ‘build time’ estimate. I’m figuring under a month. Shipping time is 1-2 months with movement on either side of the ship borne part.

I know that there might be faster times if people bow out, but in reality, INEOS has a horrible record on delivering- and these dates seem to indicate that there might be a lot of vehicles to build.

I sent a fairly nasty email in response to the email from INEOS. They sure implied that reservation holders should see their vehicles this year, or be built this year. IF there are really 7000 reservations, and I have a an April23 build date and they started making them in August, their production is awfully slower than we all think. WIth a 2/22 reservation date, and an 4/24 build date? Am I one of the last reservation holders.
This is definitely the case. Somehow there are options that tremendously affect the build date. To the tune of a half year. It would be impossible to reserve and order earlier than I did, but still no build date and estimate well into 2024. It would be nice if they (Ineos) could advise on which options create the truly massive delays. As of now I have no idea. Mine is a station wagon with just about every option other than a raised air intake and no color powder coated frame. I’ve resigned myself to “it gets built when it gets built” and “the more practice they get at the factory, the better off I’ll be”.

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just contacted the local dealer (PA) and they have received my VIN and an August build date. They tell me that delivery to me is expected to be in 6 to 12 months from the build date. This timeframe is much different from ones mentioned above. The Western Region seems to be getting cars first but 6-12 months between production and delivery for Easter Region customers makes no sense.
My Pre-order # is 9481. I have a build month of August, '23 and a serial number. Why 6-12 months?!

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife has one on order as well. Her order was received one year later than mine. It will be interesting to see if she gets her Trailmaster before my Station Wagon!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife has one on order as well. Her order was received one year later than mine. It will be interesting to see if she gets her Trailmaster before my Station Wagon!
Her reservation was one year later is what I'm assuming you mean.

It's highly unlikely that you'll be waiting another 4-10 months for your truck to arrive stateside, with a sub 9500 pre-order number and the truck already built, I would imagine you'll have a late November delivery

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Her reservation was one year later is what I'm assuming you mean.

It's highly unlikely that you'll be waiting another 4-10 months for your truck to arrive stateside, with a sub 9500 pre-order number and the truck already built, I would imagine you'll have a late November delivery
Yes, her reservation was in September of 2022.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
My pre-order was in the 9000s and I just got off the phone. Sounds like it is in production as we speak and I also got a VIN number from him-so great news on moving along. He said no idea yet when it will arrive but hoping it is before end of the year. Knauz, Chicago area dealer says selling at MSRP, no markups-Was happy to hear that!

He also told me that they have been assigned 500 orders. I didn't ask how many had VINS at this time.

FrankeMatt

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I called Cory at Warner Ineos in Salt Lake and he said he has my VIN and my Grenadier had a build date of August 28. He's emailing me the VIN. He said they had 200 orders and of those, fifteen had VINs. So he said they're anticipating receipt in late October / early November, for delivery in November once everything's set (accessories have to be ordered separately by the dealer - they are not included with the built vehicle as delivered to the dealer).
I’m in Tucson also, my dealer is in San Diego. Anyone else in So. AZ and have Mossy as their dealer?

Local time
Reaction score
I’m in Tucson also, my dealer is in San Diego. Anyone else in So. AZ and have Mossy as their dealer?
I think CA has a weird law that says if you drive it off the lot it has to be registered in CA but you can ship it without.
Might want to check on that.

FrankeMatt

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think CA has a weird law that says if you drive it off the lot it has to be registered in CA but you can ship it without.
Might want to check on that.
Thank you for that heads up! I will check into that.

Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
Hey all. Skimmed through the thread - there seems to be confusion as to how a 'reservation number' versus 'pre-order number' affects your build date. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the reservation number has ANY impact on build (or delivery) date. All that reservation number did was allow you into the early order window. Once you placed the pre-order and got a pre-order number, THAT would have the most direct impact on build date. So even if you were reservation #1 but didn't submit a pre-order until September 2023, you're build date is probably a long way off in Q2 2024. Or am I completely wrong - and simply having an early reservation gives you some kind of golden ticket to have an earlier build date ahead of any earlier pre-orders? That would seem illogical.

In my example, I reserved on Sept 29 2021 with a 7 digit reservation number 526xxxx. Then when the pre-order window opened early for reservation holders, I slow rolled it and did not place my pre-order until June 30 2023 and got a pre-order number 10xxx. I still need to call the Red Noland guy back (busy) but I got a voice message that my build date is 9 2023. Yikes - if true, that snuck up on me. I still gotta get the nursery... er, cluttered garage stall ready.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the issue is around the orders in the ‘pre-order’ window placed before the end of June. It sounds like you are in the right time ‘zone’ for everything. But I was Feb22 for the reservation and pre-ordered about the same time as you- and I get a 2Q24 production. Red Noland too.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey all. Skimmed through the thread - there seems to be confusion as to how a 'reservation number' versus 'pre-order number' affects your build date. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the reservation number has ANY impact on build (or delivery) date. All that reservation number did was allow you into the early order window. Once you placed the pre-order and got a pre-order number, THAT would have the most direct impact on build date. So even if you were reservation #1 but didn't submit a pre-order until September 2023, you're build date is probably a long way off in Q2 2024. Or am I completely wrong - and simply having an early reservation gives you some kind of golden ticket to have an earlier build date ahead of any earlier pre-orders? That would seem illogical.

In my example, I reserved on Sept 29 2021 with a 7 digit reservation number 526xxxx. Then when the pre-order window opened early for reservation holders, I slow rolled it and did not place my pre-order until June 30 2023 and got a pre-order number 10xxx. I still need to call the Red Noland guy back (busy) but I got a voice message that my build date is 9 2023. Yikes - if true, that snuck up on me. I still gotta get the nursery... er, cluttered garage stall ready.
I don't know what the rhyme or reason behind it all is. I submitted my reservation Sept 29, 2021 with reservation number 526xxxx, probably within minutes of it opening. Submitted my order on June 1, 2023 with a Pre-Order number ending in 9399. Was given a VIN and build date of August (more likely September) 2023 with estimated delivery of mid-Nov 2023 to sometime December 2023 by Regal Ineos.

mburke019

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received a call from Mossy Grenadier in Houston this week to tell me to expect delivery by the end of the year - they told me Q1 2024 2 weeks earlier and received VIN. It's strange that the online account says Q4 Delivery but doesn't show it as in production or in transit.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received a call from Mossy Grenadier in Houston this week to tell me to expect delivery by the end of the year - they told me Q1 2024 2 weeks earlier and received VIN. It's strange that the online account says Q4 Delivery but doesn't show it as in production or in transit.
Never believe the website

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Pre order # is 11560 placed Dec 2021. My Fieldmaster was built Oct 20 sent via Morning Clair RoRo, arrived Brunswick Georgia Nov 5th

That is some wicked fast movements?

Back
Top Bottom