The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

G900 Pro Vs. G900 Review[Video]

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
can you install the G900 pro in the same mount as a G900 and re-use all the cables? Or does it require a whole new install?
the wifi transfer is what is tempting.

WolfBox

Supporting Vendor
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
can you install the G900 pro in the same mount as a G900 and re-use all the cables? Or does it require a whole new install?
the wifi transfer is what is tempting.
Yes, the bracket and the cables are compatible with the G900 Pro. You don't have to do the whole installation over again.

Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
@WolfBox:

• When are you going to have a combo with the rear Camera as good as the front facing camera?
  • Please consider updating software to display elevation along with compass heading..
  • Please consider continuing to provide a 10" mirror with the same features..

NotHerDecision

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My #1 ask is tone able to clear the mirror of all text. I just want to see the rear camera until I touch the screen. No time display speed display…etc.

OldSoldier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@WolfBox:

• When are you going to have a combo with the rear Camera as good as the front facing camera?
  • Please consider updating software to display elevation along with compass heading..
  • Please consider continuing to provide a 10" mirror with the same features..

Can’t any NTSC camera be used with this rear facing mirror? So in theory you could buy a better quality camera instead of using the one that is given.

Local time
Reaction score
Can’t any NTSC camera be used with this rear facing mirror? So in theory you could buy a better quality camera instead of using the one that is given.

I contacted Wolfbox support a while back about a G930 (10" mirror that comes with a 4K front camera and 1080p rear camera) using the higher quality G900 (2.5K) rear camera, and was told that the mirror would not support it. It would still only display/record in 1080p. So it seems like it is a limitation of the DVR software and/or hardware in the mirror.

What I want to see is the same 4K camera with the updated Starvis sensor used in the front, also used in the back.

And I'd really like to see it offer in the 10" mirror as well as the 12", as I think it is really more appropriately sized for most vehicles. 10" is even boarding on too large for use in my Soft Top Defender..

As for WiFi, I personally prefer NOT to have that feature. I like my truck to be as basic and analog as possible, with ZERO ability to have an outside entity connect to any of it. Voice command isn't really of interest to me either. I just want to have good documentation of what happened if I end up in a bad situation of any kind. IMHO, it is unfortunate they spend money developing 'features' to attract buyers, instead of just using it to develop the very best video recordings (front and rear)..

Back
Top Bottom