The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front Camera Warning Always on

Luisroman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
ALL Ineos units that have arrived to Puerto Rico have telltale front camera warning sign always on. Does anybody know why is this happening and how to fix it? Note: we do not have an Ineos dealer for any service in Puerto Rico.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if this is because since they are not officially for sale in PR... The mainland US vehicles may not have ISA map data for speed zones on PR roads.

Where are the vehicles coming from?

Luisroman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if this is because since they are not officially for sale in PR... The mainland US vehicles may not have ISA map data for speed zones on PR roads.

Florida

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score

I would guess this is the answer. More nonsense from Ineos. The tell tale light is just annoying.

SQF1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is a worktruck where I often leave “roads”, anytime I do so I get a speed information limited warning. This supports everyone else’s comments. If it’s not loaded with PR map data it reverts to limited ability warning. Mine pops up on off pavement sites and even deep big parking lots that are paved.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Interesting! I get that when I enter unmapped areas. Areas where I know there is no map data, yet I'm on a proper asphalt road. Think private roads.

drinkmorejava

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I get it multiple times a day in Northern Virginia on neighborhood streets that have been around forever (aka suburban DC area, not the middle of nowhere). Heck it even says my neighborhood is 45mph instead of 25. This thing is negligently bad and the map is knowingly incomplete. It also constantly errors in parking lots immediately off the road. It's almost like instead of making the correct decision and giving no speed when there isn't map data, it instead says the system is broken. Frankly, I'm surprised INEOS legal let them ship it given how bad it is. It definitely does not meet Europe's accuracy requirement either.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's almost like instead of making the correct decision and giving no speed when there isn't map data, it instead says the system is broken.
It isn't necessarily saying the system is broken, just saying that it can't work as intended at that moment, which is another way of interpreting that it has no data

drinkmorejava

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It isn't necessarily saying the system is broken, just saying that it can't work as intended at that moment, which is another way of interpreting that it has no data
Except it does so with orange warnings on both the tell tale display and the main screen that don't go away. Warning someone that you don't have information when, by definition, you already display to them that you don't know the speed by not presenting it, is nonsense design. Never mind that it is highly distracting that you're telling drivers that something, possibly something dangerous is wrong, when in fact nothing is wrong. All of this is on top of the fact that the ISA map is supposed to be the backup...who cares if there's no map data, the system is supposed to be reading road signs. It really just reinforces the fact that the whole system is garbage and INEOS openly despises their customers by not letting us permanently disable it. How am I even supposed to believe the emergency braking will operate in a safe manner when the rest of the system doesn't work well?

I assume you're going laugh at my when I show up in Vienna on the 17th and say I love the car.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How am I even supposed to believe the emergency braking will operate in a safe manner when the rest of the system doesn't work well?

I assume you're going laugh at my when I show up in Vienna on the 17th and say I love the car.
The emergency braking works, [ Adam ] has tested it :p

No reason to laugh at you; I can completely understand loving the vehicle and being annoyed by aspects of it, I look forward to the monthly GTG since we missed it last month!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Except it does so with orange warnings on both the tell tale display and the main screen that don't go away. Warning someone that you don't have information when, by definition, you already display to them that you don't know the speed by not presenting it, is nonsense design. Never mind that it is highly distracting that you're telling drivers that something, possibly something dangerous is wrong, when in fact nothing is wrong. All of this is on top of the fact that the ISA map is supposed to be the backup...who cares if there's no map data, the system is supposed to be reading road signs. It really just reinforces the fact that the whole system is garbage and INEOS openly despises their customers by not letting us permanently disable it. How am I even supposed to believe the emergency braking will operate in a safe manner when the rest of the system doesn't work well?

This 100 percent. Why would you make and "off-road" vehicle in such a way that it screams at you warnings and lights when you finally make it "off-road". Its actually comical at this point how poorly designed and operational the system is and Ineos has yet to address it.

Reactions: S52

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Geez guys. I have to say I am disappointed in all of you. The majority of you, myself included, are middle aged males. You know very well the contract and rules of Middle-Aged Maledom. It SPECIFICALLY STATES in your legally binding Man Instructions For Use - “I will take unnecessary risks, while maintaining a smug sense of superiority that I can avoid the consequences of said risks, because of self-perceived life wisdom and a utility knife and screwdriver which must be on your person at all times in your cargo shorts. You will ignore warning signs, natural, artificial, and supernatural, because you’ve seen this before, in person or on a documentary, and know how to handle it. Such warning signs could include examples such as an angry mother bear with her cubs, a steep cliff on the edge of the trail, verbal and non-verbal hints from your spouse about your wedding anniversary, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, AND WARNING LIGHTS ON YOUR INEOS GRENADIER.”

I don’t know about you guys - I get that damn light all the time - it seems to go away once I speed up, and in any case, I just follow Man Law and ignore it.

Last edited:

Luisroman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

How can I find out if there is a ISA map for Puerto Rico?

Back
Top Bottom