The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Firmware update

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
The timeframe for the long talked about firmware update has come and gone. Anyone, dealers in particular, have any solid info on the software? Thanks in advance.

Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
I feel like Ineos is not listening to anyone. This forum has so many issues like water penetration. You would think this was immediately resolved by upgrading the glue, the supplying company is cutting the product to make a larger profit. Every issue talked about has a cause and effect. When my Grenadier arrives I intend to go over it fully. I'll give them a change to make it right and if not I'm going to walk away. I have boxes in my garage with upgraded items for my 4X4. ~$6K, I am wondering if the only way to get Ineos to get things fixed will be a class action law suite? It will bring very damming attention to Ineos ability to build a problem free 4X4? I don't have the patience like so many of you with Grenadier issues. I am worrying because things like lane change alarms and speed alarms are not fixed. These are all broken promises. Ineos must take ownership.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The timeframe for the long talked about firmware update has come and gone. Anyone, dealers in particular, have any solid info on the software? Thanks in advance.
There was no actual timeline. One (or several) dealers decided to create a timeline and notify customers, but the vast majority did not... I would imagine, for good reason.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
There was no actual timeline. One (or several) dealers decided to create a timeline and notify customers, but the vast majority did not... I would imagine, for good reason.

Yeah, my dealership actually sent out an email notifying owners and was suppose to start scheduling people by now...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I feel like Ineos is not listening to anyone. This forum has so many issues like water penetration. You would think this was immediately resolved by upgrading the glue, the supplying company is cutting the product to make a larger profit. Every issue talked about has a cause and effect. When my Grenadier arrives I intend to go over it fully. I'll give them a change to make it right and if not I'm going to walk away. I have boxes in my garage with upgraded items for my 4X4. ~$6K, I am wondering if the only way to get Ineos to get things fixed will be a class action law suite? It will bring very damming attention to Ineos ability to build a problem free 4X4? I don't have the patience like so many of you with Grenadier issues. I am worrying because things like lane change alarms and speed alarms are not fixed. These are all broken promises. Ineos must take ownership.
"Water penetration" into the cabin has 2 routes that have been identified, either through the cabin filter, or through the safari windows. Both have solutions that are TSBs that have been available to dealers for 3+ months now.

Is there any proof that the supplying glue company is cutting the glue to make more profit?

What failure is there to create a class action lawsuit about? And if you think this is the route to go, why buy the vehicle?

You also stated that the lane change alarms and speed alarms are not "fixed", but there isn't actually a problem with them, they are working as intended. Owners may not like the way they work, but it is as intended. People don't like the way the LC250 reacts with these same alarms, but no one is pushing for Toyota to change it.

The "broken" promises you've referenced are coming from dealers, not Ineos.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I completely agree... In fact I will go one further and say Ineos has done an amazing job putting together an incredibility well thought out and solid vehicle. When you look at the severity of the TSBs they are minor compared to vehicles produced by much more established manufactures.

I hate that people jump to lawsuit as a first action. If you have a legitimate issue with your particular vehicle return it using the Lemon Law. To the best of my knowledge there is no issue that is causing every vehicle to be dangerous or unusable unlike many other new SUVs. The bar for a class action suit is way higher than a global recall and nothing is even close to that yet.

(As for the boot wash issue, I am pretty sure it isn't a glue problem but an alignment issue of the gasket. )

Local time
Reaction score
The owner may have started the company for fun and profit, but the company exists for profit. Class action exists because it puts the customers on equal footing and forces management to address endemic issues that they otherwise could just kick individuals to the curb for and ignore. Liking them or not liking them has nothing to do with the reality we all benefit from their existence.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
this was in email from Red Noland as update on July 23rd.

ADAS/Speed Warning & Software Update

As we know you are all eager to get the software update to the ADAS, or "Speed Nanny" as well as the Fuel Sensor issue after filling up, we have received word that the "Speed Nanny" isn't going down without a fight and there needs to be a revision of the planned update. We hope to be able to roll this update out to Grenadier Owners this fall, we'll share more as soon as we have more information!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
You haven't got your vehicle yet and you're talking about LAW SUITS. You Americans are just plain crazy!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Help me understand - and I'm reacting to your post and others. Right now you do not own the car - so legally you have zero agency to claim harm. Moreover, why would you walk into a transaction and be worried about a leak you do not yet have, in a car you do not yet have, and threaten a class action against a company you are not yet a customer of?

What if you miss something on the inspection? Are you going to pull a "Popeye' Doyle from the French Connection and tear the vehicle down to the rockers with your salesman? Do yourself a favor and avoid the angst - cancel your order.

Do you worry too if the light in your refrigerator is really turning off when you close the door?

Last edited:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The owner may have started the company for fun and profit, but the company exists for profit. Class action exists because it puts the customers on equal footing and forces management to address endemic issues that they otherwise could just kick individuals to the curb for and ignore. Liking them or not liking them has nothing to do with the reality we all benefit from their existence.
Class actions do one thing - enrich POS lawyers at the expense of companies, employees and the victims. In the vast majority of cases they are nothing but money harvests by lawyers.

Local time
Reaction score
You haven't got your vehicle yet and you're talking about LAW SUITS. You Americans are just plain crazy!

Please don't put all of us Americans in the same boat. This guy is ridiculous. But unfortunately our country does have a growing segment of entitled whiners. Probably didn't get enough participation awards growing up :)

Sillius Soddus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
See, this is the problem with extrapolating from anecdotal evidence. You hang out on a forum where some of the loudest voices are the ones with defective vehicles, and pretty soon it looks like every vehicle that leaves the factory is riddled with defects. If you’re gonna do it, do it right.
There’s what….about 50 threads on here about various problems of various severity? The vast majority of these seem to be for fixable things like door seals or trim pieces not fitting well. Let’s say that each thread attracts on average 5 members with the same problem and we have about 250 reports of defects. Some of these actually overlap so in reality it’s probably fewer. With ~7k members (I know that not every member actually has a grenadier, though some have more than one) that’s a roughly 3.6% defect rate. Again, due to overlap probably a little less. Not exactly stellar, but better than other manufacturers. What does this tell us? Absolutely nothing! It’s all extrapolated from unreliable data. Here’s another piece of anecdotal evidence: My vehicle (October ‘23 build) has the dreaded parking brake handle trim issue. Other than that…nothing. Picked the thing up on a Saturday, drove it home 400 miles and took it on a 1500 mile roadtrip the next day. Other than changing the tire pressure and putting gas in it, I haven’t had to do anything.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please don't put all of us Americans in the same boat. This guy is ridiculous. But unfortunately our country does have a growing segment of entitled whiners. Probably didn't get enough participation awards growing up :)
Apologies TerryS. I have some good friends from the States from the time I worked in Savannah.

Local time
Reaction score
Class actions do one thing - enrich POS lawyers at the expense of companies, employees and the victims. In the vast majority of cases they are nothing but money harvests by lawyers.
Absolutely the stance everyone has, simply because the everyday influence it has on corporate behavior goes unseen, unless of course it solves an issue they themselves have that has gone unaddressed. It's the civil side of consumer rights. It's efficacy and influence on corporate decisions to address product issues, like the truth, doesn't need anyone's approval to exist.

Kujo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This vehicle is in its infancy and I see it as a fantastic accomplishment to go from a thought in a guy’s head to a pretty impressive vehicle. I love my vehicle. When I purchased it last month, I was not looking for perfection. But I received an IG that I plan on keeping and using for years.

Back
Top Bottom