The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Final Contract Signing

Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had any contact through INEOS on contract finalization in the meantime?

I am still waiting for their feedback on the addressed changes and also on the advised contract closure from July 8th, 2022 on. Customer Service refers to "someone who will contact you soon if you have requested changes via buttom" regarding the changes and ignores my concrete requestes adressed via email, thus no real step further so far.

Anoyone else progressing on changes / final contract signature? Build date is getting closer (September 2022).

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Ineos just called me back on my adressed changes. I confirmed my wishes and the really nice supporter confirmed them. They will send me an updated order the next days. Build date does not change when its only minor changes, but if you change color or engine it does, he said.

Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for your update @blueTdi

Color is even less understandable to me than the engine. Even with the engine, there are many who switch from diesel to petrol and vice versa, that should really have no influence on production planning and postpone the build date. Damn, I wanted to change from petrol to diesel because I struggle enormously with the range of the gasoline for the intended use as overlander.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
They just sent me the new configuration with my changes:

"Thank you for taking the time to change your Grenadier configuration today. I have attached a copy of your final order specification. This will be updated in your customer account by the end of July."

@Cavaleiro: I think you should try to change your configuration and talk with the supporter about the build date in this context. I did not try to change color, only asked and got "that will result in later build date" as an answer. If that will be true for a different engine one can only know when talking with the support about this change.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1333012060]Thanks for your update @blueTdi

Color is even less understandable to me than the engine. Even with the engine, there are many who switch from diesel to petrol and vice versa, that should really have no influence on production planning and postpone the build date. Damn, I wanted to change from petrol to diesel because I struggle enormously with the range of the gasoline for the intended use as overlander.[/QUOTE]

On engine choice affecting dates, it is the largest, heaviest and most complex part of the vehicle so understandable that the lead times on the engine and gearbox will be longer than seats, electronics and options. All modern factories try their best to operate on a just in time model, the parts arrive onto the production line straight off the truck and are not warehoused on site at the factory, it is imperative that the parts are known well in advance in line with the production and logistics lead time of the part.

For paint I am guessing that they have a limited number of paint lines and have to batch cars of the same colour to run when those lines are running those colours.

Back
Top Bottom