The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fieldmaster or Trialmaster

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Happy if admin want to take my post down but thought some people would want to see a physical grenadier in Inky black. For our customers in Kent it’s also the first time we have had a RHD vehicle to show them.
No all welcome here but why can't you register them????????

Eniffer

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
No all welcome here but why can't you register them????????
Once the vehicles have gone through the batch and hold process we will register them and get them out to their owners. We naturally won’t register any Grenadier until it is ready. It really won’t be long and the wait will be worth it, I’m confident of that.

Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
I think Donny gray suppresses the busy look of the accessory rails pads etc. which can be good thing. tactical gray car.jpgMany manufacturers are doing versions of what I call "tactical gray" which is close to the 18% gray photographer's test target that is used for incident light meter readings and for setting the white balance of a photo. It is considered a good average reflectance of objects in a typical scene. Except for it being so common these days, I sort of like some of them. Might keep the Grennie from looking so busy.
I do wonder how vehicle color affects accident rate. A Mercedes I bought in the late 1970s had a booklet in the glove box giving accident percentages of various colors, with black being high and white, as I remember, being low (though silver may have been the low % color). Will a color that is the average of all the colors in the scene be more apt to be t-boned by someone running a stop sign?

Local time
Reaction score
Once the vehicles have gone through the batch and hold process we will register them and get them out to their owners. We naturally won’t register any Grenadier until it is ready. It really won’t be long and the wait will be worth it, I’m confident of that.
My dealer and others have vehicles road ready and still cant register them with the DVLA

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think Donny gray suppresses the busy look of the accessory rails pads etc. which can be good thing. View attachment 7806773Many manufacturers are doing versions of what I call "tactical gray" which is close to the 18% gray photographer's test target that is used for incident light meter readings and for setting the white balance of a photo. It is considered a good average reflectance of objects in a typical scene. Except for it being so common these days, I sort of like some of them. Might keep the Grennie from looking so busy.
I do wonder how vehicle color affects accident rate. A Mercedes I bought in the late 1970s had a booklet in the glove box giving accident percentages of various colors, with black being high and white, as I remember, being low (though silver may have been the low % color). Will a color that is the average of all the colors in the scene be more apt to be t-boned by someone running a stop sign?
It is an interesting colour but here in OZ I have found the mid to darker greys are too close to our road colours and can be not immediately spotted, fortunately, lights are usually on these days in the modern world... (y)
We in Oz will mainly go the lighter colours due to how dust issues...white is my choice as it doesn't show so much dust and just changes shades as it gets dustier...;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
Over "several" decades I have observed that dark blues, all shades of red and darker shades of green, unless they are are regularly treated with a UV screening polish, eventually degrade due to the brutal sunlight UV radiation for which Australia is famous... Solid white hues tend to survive the best...

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 1st of April tends to be a day for jokes in my surrounding.
Yes it was in the UK but "April Fools Day" seems to be dying out these days. Like a lots of old traditions. The next to go ( in Scotland) is " bonfire night" on the 5th on November with the passing of the Fireworks act prohibiting fireworks in declared no go zones. Goos for animals and livestock. The next thing they should ban are the small helium balloons- cow killers

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it was in the UK but "April Fools Day" seems to be dying out these days. Like a lots of old traditions. The next to go ( in Scotland) is " bonfire night" on the 5th on November
You'll still have Burns suppers though!

Local time
Reaction score
Yes it was in the UK but "April Fools Day" seems to be dying out these days. Like a lots of old traditions. The next to go ( in Scotland) is " bonfire night" on the 5th on November with the passing of the Fireworks act prohibiting fireworks in declared no go zones. Goos for animals and livestock. The next thing they should ban are the small helium balloons- cow killers
Still do "first foot" ? I remember as a young Canuck fresh off the farm standing on the doorstep in the cold with a lump of coal in my hand and seriously wondering if the joke was on me !!

Then looking around and seeing other guys doing the same at their places.

That was in Scotswood, but same deal.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still do "first foot" ? I remember as a young Canuck fresh off the farm standing on the doorstep in the cold with a lump of coal in my hand and seriously wondering if the joke was on me !!

Then looking around and seeing other guys doing the same at their places.

That was in Scotswood, but same deal.
Yes New Year is bigger than Christmas in Scotland and 1st and 2nd January are Bank Holidays

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I thought Burns suppers were about talking 'tripe'.. :rolleyes: .until I met my new Brit. son-in-law whose ancestors hailed from Dundee ...he takes it most seriously!🤣
Colonel John Blashford-Snell , founder of the Scientific Exploration Society . not himself possessing a Scottish blood cell , had these celebrations in every far flung jungle in the world at any time he thought morale needed a boost.
Tinned haggis was always part of the rations on his epic forays.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious why Inky Black is so disliked, the G wagon is so popular in all black at least in Colorado. I plan to order the MM with contrast roof.
Here black SUVs are primarily the domain of gang bosses and organized crime and they don’t go offroad. Terrible colour to keep looking clean and hide scratches and swirls

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Here black SUVs are primarily the domain of gang bosses and organized crime and they don’t go offroad. Terrible colour to keep looking clean and hide scratches and swirls
If you drive a black G wagen in my city Mr Plod will assume you have what is known as "unexplained wealth" and keep a close eye on your comings and goings.
Plus you know the owner is clueless about going offroad.
In my neck of the woods that is, I wouldn't want to generalise.

Back
Top Bottom