The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Factory Warranty Letters

Stonewall554

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Ive had my Grenadier for 5 months and I am getting letters in the mail telling me my Factory Warranty is expiring and I need to call them. The first one was a big pink post card and almost certainly was a scam. The 2nd letter is much more official looking, but again im suspecting its a scam. Since ive only had the vehicle for 5 months and I got an extended warranty it seems strange to already be getting these letters.

Is anyone else getting these?

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
I don’t think DMV can sell the data but I wonder if it’s readily available. The dealer could sell the data but should get your approval (depends on your State). In general we need to start clamping down on data that is given away without knowledge.

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
DMV for California says:

California Vehicle Code (CVC) §1808 and the Public Records Act (Government Code §6253 et seq.) provide that information collected by DMV is generally considered public information and is subject to inspection by the public.

I guess we need to start using LLC’s:)

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
I don’t think DMV can sell the data but I wonder if it’s readily available. The dealer could sell the data but should get your approval (depends on your State). In general we need to start clamping down on data that is given away without knowledge.
There are 50 dmv's dot's or whatnot. Pa sells theirs. Dunknow about anyone else. I think there are large requests for public records, and this way they get money, and some company that bid on it acts as a go between and profits off of the "investment". Otherwise, fulfilling the requests would be a burden on people not wanting to work more than 2 hours a day.

KarenA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ive had my Grenadier for 5 months and I am getting letters in the mail telling me my Factory Warranty is expiring and I need to call them. The first one was a big pink post card and almost certainly was a scam. The 2nd letter is much more official looking, but again im suspecting its a scam. Since ive only had the vehicle for 5 months and I got an extended warranty it seems strange to already be getting these letters.

Is anyone else getting these?
I received one today. It is so ridiculous and doesn't even have a price (not that I would be interested). I too only had 4 months.

TSquared

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is not official, but it is a legal way of soliciting business by these third-party warranty providers. We all are under manufacturer warranties and are in no need of this kind of coverage. In that light, it is a "scam."

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Vehicle warranty companies - a mostly unregulated industry - are able to readily access vehicle title information through state / county websites or third party list brokers. They then print a low quality postcard and utilize the cheapest bulk rate media pricing offered by the USPS to send these cards in the hopes that the recipient is not sophisticated enough to recognize that it’s not official.

Back
Top Bottom