The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

EXTREME INEOS GRENADIER TESTING! | Black Bear Pass - Alpine Loop

Xrford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
@Onefin i assume it is your Ineos that had the Owl rock slider steps in that video. Do you have more photos you could share of the damage it sustained? Was there any bending of the slider or did it sustain any dents in DOM tubing? I did notice the slider flex considerably on the hard hit at around the 15:29 minute marker of the video so I was wondering if that had bent the slider on the driver side or if your rocker panel had any damage caused by that hit? Any other observations of how you think it performed, would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
@Onefin i assume it is your Ineos that had the Owl rock slider steps in that video. Do you have more photos you could share of the damage it sustained? Was there any bending of the slider or did it sustain any dents in DOM tubing? I did notice the slider flex considerably on the hard hit at around the 15:29 minute marker of the video so I was wondering if that had bent the slider on the driver side or if your rocker panel had any damage caused by that hit? Any other observations of how you think it performed, would be appreciated. Thanks
No damage to the rocker, the sliders did their job.

The slider step will have some deflection upon impact with a hard outside hit like that, but no aftermath damage noticeable aside from gouges.

The gouges and scratches are easily spray painted to prevent rust…….the skids and a few areas of the frame will get the rustoleum treatment when I pick the Grenadier back up from Adrenaline early next month.

We like to take these things out to test products in real world situations and see if anything breaks. This is also a good way to think about future products and improvements. This video may seem to be not super sympathetic to the vehicles, but there was a fair amount of product evaluation happening behind the scenes and after the trip was complete.

I feel that all 4 sets of sliders in this video did their job and protected the vulnerable parts of the Grenadiers. The step sliders on mine are the widest and have the most cantilevered force when hit on the outboard edge. I would suspect most people wouldn’t drop the 6,000 pound vehicle on the middle of their slider intentionally, but it’s nice to know that they do their job if that situation arises.

I would consider sliders and skid plates an absolute requirement for moderate off-roading like we did on this trip.

The grenadier has good factory mounting points for sliders and the Ineos sliders from the dealer appear to be way too low to the ground.

Owl makes the step version (like on mine) for people that want or need a solid foothold for ingress and egress, and the “tube only” version like on the Adrenaline Grenadier for people that want the protection afforded by sliders, but do not want or need a step.

We will have a third option that is in between the full step and the no-step style.

It’s good to have choices and the Grenadier has solid aftermarket support for such a new vehicle in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0898.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 52

Xrford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We will have a third option that is in between the full step and the no-step style.
Thanks for your reply to my questions. Any idea of when this third option will be available? I am shopping for a slider right now and this third option sounds like it may be exactly what I am looking for.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
I do not have time to watch the video right now. But keep in mind San Juan Mountain trails are mostly easy. I am headed there later today as I have some off grid subdivisions up there, one I am retiring in. Black Bear is not what you would call easy, but its mostly the scare factor. The trails I did the weekend we picked ours up a couple of weeks ago were FAR harder. I do wish those skid plates would get produced. Ordered one set and have not seen it yet, and others still say back order. I cant wait to see how the turning radius did on Black Bear, but then again I have taken my Power Wagon over it, and its not much better and a few feet wider :eek:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
I cant wait to see how the turning radius did on Black Bear, but then again I have taken my Power Wagon over it, and its not much better and a few feet wider :eek:
FWIW, the Power Wagon has a turning radius of 48.2ft vs the Grenadier's 47.6ft (or 44.4ft depending on source) and is only 3.2" wider (without mirrors) than a Grenadier, so fairly similar in both regards actually

Local time
Reaction score
This is great I started watching it last night! cant wait to finish it. Cheers.
I posed this question just last week about Black Bear Pass.

Local time
Reaction score
...But keep in mind San Juan Mountain trails are mostly easy...
I was going to post the same! If you're thinking of heading that way, don't be worried by this video! I loved it, and appreciated the abuse, but you don't -have- to take those lines. I've never done Poughkeepsie, but I've done the others in a stock FJ Cruiser or rented Wrangler.

Go! It's an amazing place and drop dead gorgeous.

Local time
Reaction score
I was going to post the same! If you're thinking of heading that way, don't be worried by this video! I loved it, and appreciated the abuse, but you don't -have- to take those lines. I've never done Poughkeepsie, but I've done the others in a stock FJ Cruiser or rented Wrangler.

Go! It's an amazing place and drop dead gorgeous.
Agree.....most of the passes are casual and all of them are beautiful.
It's Colorado....no matter where you are you'll see a Subaru going down the same trails.
All the Ouray Jeep rental places do not allow their Jeeps to go over Black Bear pass.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great video of the trails! I have done all of those trails in my 100 Series LC without issue, most can be done by stock 4x4 so even those inexperienced folks can get out there and enjoy them. Some of the tougher stuff has bypasses or secondary lines that are easier. These trucks are tanks offroad! Thanks for sharing!

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This popped up on my YouTube feed a few minutes ago. Pretty good video! Some real extreme terrain in Colorado.

I recognize the AdrenalineHQ, RRE Global, Owl and Agile Offroad Grenadiers. I've seen pics of the one with the white powdercoated wheels.

Members here? Please let us know who you are!

Guys this video is AMAZING. How about organizing some weekend outings in NorCal?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
I’ve just watched Agile’s version of this same trip. Loved it, thanks guys again for sharing.

View: https://youtu.be/OxxMEPpz-qY?si=TWbGjx7Uq2jmmU0e

I’ve got to say the tall skinnys look awesome on the grenadier.

I’d love to run 255-80-17 or 255-85-17 here in Australia, they make so much sense. It’s just a shame they are so hard to get here with only one or two options.

Last edited:

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What can I say... Kudos for creative videography :)

I have never driven the Black Bear Pass - every other trail many times, from stock Disco 1 to stock LR4. That includes Poughkeepsie (only downhill in the LR4, but in rain/snowstorm). Hope to be there in a month!

Reactions: PBD

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
loved these videos. well done to the whole group, obviously especially the videographers!

Adrenaline HQ

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
This popped up on my YouTube feed a few minutes ago. Pretty good video! Some real extreme terrain in Colorado.

I recognize the AdrenalineHQ, RRE Global, Owl and Agile Offroad Grenadiers. I've seen pics of the one with the white powdercoated wheels.

Members here? Please let us know who you are!

Hey thanks for sharing our video! Tim here with Adrenaline, I just got dialed in with a profile here on the forums, looking forward to talking with all of you on here. Again, really appreciate you guys taking the time to watch our dumb asses drive around Colorado in our trucks. It was a blast!

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey thanks for sharing our video! Tim here with Adrenaline, I just got dialed in with a profile here on the forums, looking forward to talking with all of you on here. Again, really appreciate you guys taking the time to watch our dumb asses drive around Colorado in our trucks. It was a blast!
Hey Tim ,

Any updates on the audio upgrades you mentioned in a earlier video?

Thanks.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've got about half of the Audio Frog gear installed in my truck so far but tbh I've pretty much put that project on the back burner until later this year...
Cool - Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom