The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

EXTREME INEOS GRENADIER TESTING! | Black Bear Pass - Alpine Loop

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
This popped up on my YouTube feed a few minutes ago. Pretty good video! Some real extreme terrain in Colorado.

I recognize the AdrenalineHQ, RRE Global, Owl and Agile Offroad Grenadiers. I've seen pics of the one with the white powdercoated wheels.

Members here? Please let us know who you are!

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
This popped up on my YouTube feed a few minutes ago. Pretty good video! Some real extreme terrain in Colorado.

I recognize the AdrenalineHQ, RRE Global, Owl and Agile Offroad Grenadiers. I've seen pics of the one with the white powdercoated wheels.

I’m the the person with the white one and I believe John from Agile is on this forum as well.

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
The Owl steps take a bashing. I am glad with my choice.
Tim from Adrenaline has the Owl sliders with no step, John has the Agile sliders, and Andreas and Tom have the Black Sheep and they all help up well. I wouldn’t take a Grenadier on an offroad trip like this without some sort of slider.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the factory steps because my wife and I are both short, and especially now with the Eibach lift kit, I would have to use a step to get it. I'll need to get sliders if I go rock crawling like you guys did. I've scraped the steps, but haven't done anything quite as gnarly as you guys did.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I enjoyed the ride summary at the end. They go through the damage. All good and they did trail fix with the linkage disconnecting on the center diff

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I enjoyed the ride summary at the end. They go through the damage. All good and they did trail fix with the linkage disconnecting on the center diff
Pulling that apart on the trail looks to be a PITA. Thank goodness for the trim tool.

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Skid plates are good to have

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0886.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0896.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0900.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0904.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0908.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0916.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0904.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0900.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0901.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's pretty cool to see. Unlikely I'll do much of that but cool nonetheless!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Skid plates are good to have
@Onefin Is pic 908 the trailing arm? I saw trailing arm skid plates on one of the sites (spp or revel? don't recall) and was thinking they'd be good to have. I'm definitely getting fuel tank, cross member, transfer case and transmission coverage.

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
@Onefin Is pic 908 the trailing arm? I saw trailing arm skid plates on one of the sites (spp or revel? don't recall) and was thinking they'd be good to have. I'm definitely getting fuel tank, cross member, transfer case and transmission coverage.
IMG_0903.jpeg

The SPP set has a skid for the rear trailing arm, fronts are exposed.

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 37

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score

Very impressive, and far more than I expected of what is essentially, an overloading vehicle. Starting to encroach on Jeep territory in this video.

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Are you happy with the SPP plates? Definitely the most expensive option out there, but also look the most seamless with respect to dragging across one plate to the other.

Love the juice! 😂
To be honest: I somewhat struggled with the pricing of the skid plates when I first bought them several months ago.
That struggle evaporated once they got used on this trip.
It is a comprehensive kit and the build quality is very good.
I am happy with them and I would buy them again.
I could also hit less rocks, but that wouldn’t be any fun.

Last edited:

Colorado

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m the the person with the white one and I believe John from Agile is on this forum as well.
Great video Onefin. I love your Grenadier. Can you share what size and type of tires you are running as well as what suspension modifications you have done please? Did you need to move the spare tire attachment on the rear door over to accommodate the bigger tires? How much more clearance would you say you have now over what came stock? Thanks so much.

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Great video Onefin. I love your Grenadier. Can you share what size and type of tires you are running as well as what suspension modifications you have done please? Did you need to move the spare tire attachment on the rear door over to accommodate the bigger tires? How much more clearance would you say you have now over what came stock? Thanks so much.
Thank you for the kind words.
I had zero to do with the production of that video, it was all Talon Sei working for Tim at Adrenaline HQ.
My grenadier has the Eibach pro kit springs and stock shocks at the moment…..I’m planning on a little more in this department.
Wheels are Owl Talons (this is the first set we did in Scottish white and they are wet painted not powder coated……all Owl production wheels are powder coated and PC is a much more durable finish than wet paint)
Tires are 255/85R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT
Spare needs to be relocated to allow for the rear door to open. A few different companies in the USA make the relocation brackets….mine is an Owl prototype that will get swapped to the production model whenever I get a minute.

I never took a tape measure to the stock height and where it sits now, but I’d say it’s probably 1.5-ish max more clearance to differential versus stock. The tire OD is really the only thing that affects the height. Different tires have wildly varying actual OD measurements so the charts are always more of a guideline than anything. Some brands run small and some run large.

IMG_9953.jpeg

Colorado

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words.
I had zero to do with the production of that video, it was all Talon Sei working for Tim at Adrenaline HQ.
My grenadier has the Eibach pro kit springs and stock shocks at the moment…..I’m planning on a little more in this department.
Wheels are Owl Talons (this is the first set we did in Scottish white and they are wet painted not powder coated……all Owl production wheels are powder coated and PC is a much more durable finish than wet paint)
Tires are 255/85R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT
Spare needs to be relocated to allow for the rear door to open. A few different companies in the USA make the relocation brackets….mine is an Owl prototype that will get swapped to the production model whenever I get a minute.

I never took a tape measure to the stock height and where it sits now, but I’d say it’s probably 1.5-ish max more clearance to differential versus stock. The tire OD is really the only thing that affects the height. Different tires have wildly varying actual OD measurements so the charts are always more of a guideline than anything. Some brands run small and some run large.

View attachment 7866409
Thanks so much! I appreciate all the details. I am hoping to go in the direction towards yours.

Back
Top Bottom