The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Expedition HQ or XHQ (Gold Coast, Qld, Australia)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I have often posted about XHQ. Here is a video guide through their showroom, with lots of INEOS goodies. They are the new LeTech dealer in Australia.

Warwick is doing the presentation, but Ric is in charge of the INEOS side of the business. Adam helps run the online store. The other part of the business make large offroad vehicles - known as SLRV. The IG are the little SLRVs.

View: https://youtu.be/WIid9zQZIQA

TRIVIA: When you see the Grenadier obstacle course at the start, look at the top left and the person you see walking around looks like the brother who built the course. He also built most of the building you see as well. I have forgotten his name (thanks to my accident), but the other two brothers are Warwick and Clint.

XHQ even market their own version of the IG, the IG XSPEC

View: https://youtu.be/LOoeKesTzFg

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
The build is progressing. Some serious coin being sent on this build.

View: https://youtu.be/DzxeBpzufos
As an exercise in 'what's possible' I can relate to the presenter's enthusiasm. (y)
As to cost/benefit .... I scratched my head and pondered the answer.
I had a momentary "vision" of the vehicle caked with the red dirt of the outback or the bauxite of Cape York and wondered about the reliability of external moving parts... e.g. the tent....
The Bluetooth device for tyre inflation is clever... but to my mind, it adds an unnecessary additional point of failure to a vehicle which was designed to minimise complexity as far as reasonably possible....
Good luck to them! Someone has to push boundaries I guess ;)

Local time
Reaction score
@DenisM - Wondering the same regarding the bluetooth module. I am considering an under seat dual ARB compressor and seems we now have two choices - this one and the version from Owl Offroad. I think I like the hose chuck being on the side vs the front, and I think I prefer the non branded look of the Owl as well. But then I haven't used the bluetooth pressure control so maybe I don't know what I'm missing..? The dilemma's...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Bluetooth device for tyre inflation is clever... but to my mind, it adds an unnecessary additional point of failure to a vehicle which was designed to minimise complexity as far as reasonably possible....
Drop your phone in a boghole or down a well or over a cliff whilst taking a cheeky selfie.
Life can go bad very quickly if you rely on electronics.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE XHQ!! I just wish they would open a shop in the USA as shipping costs to the states gets expensive, and then U.S. Customs likes to add some fees on when it lands over here. Regardless, I have and will continue to buy from them. I have only dealt with Adam and he’s great. Actually waiting on small package from him/them right now. If any of you XHQ people are reading this thread/my post, keep up the outstanding work you all do!!👍🙌
IMG_9938.jpeg

IMG_9937.jpeg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As an exercise in 'what's possible' I can relate to the presenter's enthusiasm. (y)
As to cost/benefit .... I scratched my head and pondered the answer.
I had a momentary "vision" of the vehicle caked with the red dirt of the outback or the bauxite of Cape York and wondered about the reliability of external moving parts... e.g. the tent....
Good luck to them! Someone has to push boundaries I guess ;)
The presenter is Warwick, one of the owners. So he would be happy with that build.

For me the extra money for the bluetooth module is not worth it. ARB make things tough, so it should go the distance installed under the seat. Plus that compressor bracket is pretty pricey as well. I have spent a bit at XHQ on my build, I do not want any more encouragement.

XHQ only stock high end RTTs, so it should keep out the dust.

full

full

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom