The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Engine Standby When Stopped…?

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Not sure how to describe this. Was driving around yesterday and when I’d come to a stop, it seemed like the engine would go into standby — similar to when you’re in an electric car and when it comes to a stop, it gets super quiet. Never had this happen before.

Was tapping around the screen and came to an off road screen. The screen showed a battery that was charging on the left and discharging on the right — not sure that’s connected in any way but just in case. Is that related somehow?

When answering, please don’t be all check your voltage with your ampvoltomiter and then connect the circuit distributor to the Grennerator and then torque all of the torqui and then boot into safe mode and enter the command mode and type ‘that really sucks’.

I’m mostly a toddler about car knowledge. Or, a baby. Fine, a premature baby.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
It sounds like the start/stop activated. I turn it off every time I get into the car. It is the button on the lower left hand corner on the console just left of the volume dial. Mine has never worked properly - it does strange things.

That maybe one possibility.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Not sure how to describe this. Was driving around yesterday and when I’d come to a stop, it seemed like the engine would go into standby — similar to when you’re in an electric car and when it comes to a stop, it gets super quiet. Never had this happen before.

Was tapping around the screen and came to an off road screen. The screen showed a battery that was charging on the left and discharging on the right — not sure that’s connected in any way but just in case. Is that related somehow?

When answering, please don’t be all check your voltage with your ampvoltomiter and then connect the circuit distributor to the Grennerator and then torque all of the torqui and then boot into safe mode and enter the command mode and type ‘that really sucks’.

I’m mostly a toddler about car knowledge. Or, a baby. Fine, a premature baby.
Like it was said, probably start/stop. I believe you are based in AZ and I assume the A/C was running to cool cabin. Now that temperatures have calmed down the AC doesn't need to run as much meaning the start/Stop function will kick in. To stop it, the switch is on the center dash. Hope this helps.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
With ignition on , jam a bit of card or something posher between the switch and the console to turn the switch on ( it will light up). Leave it there forever.

Back
Top Bottom