The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drivers side grab handle found... (Left side)

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
Looks like the Chinese came up with an aftermarket grab handle for the drivers side.
Anyone installed and tested it out yet?

I don't care for the cell phone holder, but that looks like it's just attached with a ram style ball mount.

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.
Reactions: PBD

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
The handle seems to be made of machined aluminum. Looks quite ok, but you'll have two different handles then.

And I would for sure NOT mount the mobile phone holder: In case of an accident, the A-pillar-airbag will fire this up like a missile.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like the Chinese came up with an aftermarket grab handle for the drivers side.
Anyone installed and tested it out yet?

I don't care for the cell phone holder, but that looks like it's just attached with a ram style ball mount.
Hi parb, Well secured grab handles are not only needed for the drivers side, they are really needed for the rear passengers to get in and out of the Grenadier. It would be great is someone comes up with a B Pillar option. DaBull

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The handle seems to be made of machined aluminum. Looks quite ok, but you'll have two different handles then.

And I would for sure NOT mount the mobile phone holder: In case of an accident, the A-pillar-airbag will fire this up like a missile.
I think they make handles for both sides if you want to coordinate. I was trolling ebay last night. Let me search a bit when i get home.

I am concerned about airbag deployments. Is the left side airbag different for a Left hand drive car without a handle vs a the left side airbag for a right hand drive car with a handle on the left pillar?
If the airbags are the same, then adding a handle should not interfere with airbag operation. Clearly i would like a ineos original handle but i think they may be a bit of work to source.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
I bet Buzz Overland has one from the one they are currently deconstructing, also I am sure bits will start appearing soon enough where some poor sole has crashed their Grenny badly enough for it to be a write off.

Which brings me onto a side question - As it currently stands, is your Grenny worth more as a whole vehicle or parted out ??

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think virtually all cars are worth more as parts than as assemblies, but only if the warranty transfers...

Reactions: CRH

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
Price in the UK for all parts including Trim is: £346.51 +VAT

I don't think you need the trim. Open to ideas.

Back
Top Bottom