The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Driver Display

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if there exists a portable head-up display (like the HUD) is a wireless format (although would of course require periodic charging)

Why? Unless you've money to burn, it is totally unnecessary - the central speedo remains within your periphery vision at all times.

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Yes they do. But for sure the English mile is different to the US mile. And the hour might only contain 56,87 minutes which are dived in 12,5 seconds each.
You even heard of the Scandinavian mile?
I didn't until 2 weeks ago when I started looking at cars in Sweden.
I was like wow they are all so low mileage but then I read a Scandinavian mile equals 10km ;)

oww to make it worse it had different measurments before hahaha
1691751200130.png

Last edited:

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, has anyone thought of adding a speedo in the right hand side pillar?
Like the boy racers back in the day?

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, has anyone thought of adding a speedo in the right hand side pillar?
Like the boy racers back in the day?
I’ve researched Speedo placements since I found out it was going to be on the screen and not directly in front of me where I was used to it being. The second I got my Grenadier, it didn’t even cross my mind.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve researched Speedo placements since I found out it was going to be on the screen and not directly in front of me where I was used to it being. The second I got my Grenadier, it didn’t even cross my mind.
Have you got any pictures of what you’ve done/planning?

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Having previously owned a Mazda CX5 with a very good Heads Up Display speedometer, I decided to experiment with adding this Heads up Display (https://amzn.to/41BCGgq) - fully prepared to return it if I wasn’t happy with it.

Verdict: it’s pretty good! For £25 it makes a very credible addition to the cockpit. I toyed with putting it on the (pointless) shallow flat shelf in front of the steering wheel, but ended up tucking it behind the steering wheel itself. This results in a nice central position which I don’t fine distracting at all. I didn’t bother with the reflective patch (which in theory gives a better reflected image but it’s fine). Nice and accurate out of the box; no calibration needed. Very happy with this.

IMG_0919.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom