The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Driver Display

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
So the vast majority of driver information & feedback is viewed via the centre console touch split screen display.

However, regarding the small display directly in front of the driver - can anyone tell me each & all of the driver displays on this small screen.

I think all of the items are coloured symbols only but, I have not seen them all nor their functionality.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just found a picture of the symbols lit up but is this all as there are 2 gaps underneath a light symbol on the left side and on the second last row (in yellow circle)

Plus what do these indicate (in blue circle)

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.54.42 am.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
They are fixed symbols like in a normal instrument panel.

The idea seems to be, that everything is ok if this display is black. Everything else asks for attention. Oil pressure, motor check, DPF regeneration required and so on. High beam active, fasten seat belts, blinker active and all such things.

But I didn't take a closer look as there were at least half a dozen lights on permanently upon my test drive.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are fixed symbols like in a normal instrument panel.

The idea seems to be, that everything is ok if this display is black. Everything else asks for attention. Oil pressure, motor check, DPF regeneration required and so on. High beam active, fasten seat belts, blinker active and all such things.

But I didn't take a closer look as there were at least half a dozen lights on permanently upon my test drive.
I guess some will stay on all the time if the function is engaged: e.g. high beam, centre diff lock etc. and then some will only come on (and stay on until fixed?) if there is a problem: e.g. tyre pressure.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
I just found a picture of the symbols lit up but is this all as there are 2 gaps underneath a light symbol on the left side and on the second last row (in yellow circle)

Plus what do these indicate (in blue circle)

View attachment 7795588
middle row of last rh column- trailer turn light, if like my D4 then this will come on when I have a trailer or light board plugged into the electrics and I'm indicating lef/right/hazard lights

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
middle row of last rh column- trailer turn light, if like my D4 then this will come on when I have a trailer or light board plugged into the electrics and I'm indicating lef/right/hazard lights
Do you mean this icon comes on when the trailer lights are working (i.e. when they flash) or when they are NOT indicating when the Grenadier's lights are indicating?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought what looks like a large letter L, is exactly that, and indicates when low range is selected.

The next symbol to the right looks similar to one's I've had for auto gearbox, although there's usually been a thermometer gauge symbol in the centre to show when it's overheating.

Then Power steering?

Is bottom right related to the hazard warning lights?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Will buy either a Road Angel speed readout or one of the HUD displays available:

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will buy either a Road Angel speed readout or one of the HUD displays available:
That’s what I did. I went with the pure vision on pre order due to arrive sometime in April. I couldn’t find any HUDs with reasonable quality, they’re all china sh.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree - we can't keep the Chinese shit away, heyho! I try to avoid at all cost, as I don't want to support the Communist regime.

Be interesting to know how much contents is by each country in the supply chain.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Agree - we can't keep the Chinese shit away, heyho! I try to avoid at all cost, as I don't want to support the Communist regime.

Be interesting to know how much contents is by each country in the supply chain.
I think you'd be surprised whats made in China, or maybe not. Either way, no global manufacturer can do without them, like it or not. 🙂 You are in turn supporting the honest Chinese people, which are just like you and me.

Back
Top Bottom