The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Diesel Oil Specification Thread (B57 Engines)

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
I’ve solved the oil level check issue…
Perhaps yesterday I hadn’t yet gotten the oil up to temp enough.
Today while working out the drag link adjustments on my steering wheel, I took the truck out for a hot lap around the paddock. This got me to 100C on oil temp, and with my clinometer’s centered out to zero I was able to get the computer to run an oil level check 👍 happy days.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
I did my second oil change today, I went for a 5w40 instead of the 0w30, there is only one 0w40 that I could find that has BMW LL04 rating, and I couldn’t find any locally. Next time I’ll try ordering in advance. That said it just doesn't get cold enough here too justify the 0W rating so the 5W should be fine.

If anyone is interested I used Shel Helix HX8 ECT…

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
I just had my diesel B57 serviced and they used this

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

drof14850

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also just done my second change used MULTIVIS ADT VX 5W-30, (Morris Lubricants )
Have to admit Im a morris lubricant trade buyer, use all their products, This one is ideal for me as also run VW / Man Commercials with the VW 504/507 spec which also covers BMW Long life 04.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure why all of you are fretting over Petronas.
I am using Mobil 1 ESP LV 0w30 which is BMW LL-12FE approved and is readily available at auto doc
Yep, that's what I have, readily available in the 🇬🇧

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
I just had my diesel B57 serviced and they used this
Ciao Andrea,
in my case our (Toyota) workshop (yours and mine) is using the Toyota Oil 5W-30W or did you ask for 0W? Will ask Massimiliano next time.

Attachments

• IMG_3406.jpeg
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Here's what a local dealer gave me in Australia for diesel engine oil:

Engine oil Diesel

Fuchs titan GT1 LL-12 FE SAE 0W-30 BMW LL-12 FE

Valvoline SYNPOWER LL-12 FE 0W-30 FULL SYNTHETIC ACEA C2 BMW LL-12FE

Liquid Moly TOP TEC 6100 0W-30 ACEA C2 API SN BMWLL-12FE

15k servie recently (Purnell, Sydney - Aust) and I’d noticed that the dealer was now using Fuch’s Tital GT1 0W-30. Previously they were using Valvoline Synpower.

I use the Liquid Moly when I do my own oil change. One of the few I can actually get my hands on.

Local time
Reaction score
Here is the thing with engine oil and driveline oils. Try and stay with one brand and a brand that the owner trusts for the key reason that the additive package from one brand to another can be significantly different and every time the engine oil is changed the new brand of oil will have an additive package that will try and replace the additive package from the previous brand of oil. The crux is, try to stay to one brand as long as possible and do not change brands every service. This is something I have learnt from the oil analysis labs and daily oil sampling and analysis of oils in earthmoving and off-road machinery.

Back
Top Bottom