The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Design Build Go - ARB onboard compressor installation on YouTube

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
I do not believe the mounting points of the driver and passenger seats are exactly the same.
Thanks. I’ll check on that one before ordering.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have made an enquiry and now await a reply. If they can make it work I’ll be getting one 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ARB. have UK headquarters in the mids
Ok thanks. Maybe I contact them to come up with a mounting solution for under the Grenadier seat. 👍🏼
Edit. Inquiry sent to ARB

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Check this out for a twin ARB compressor mount under a front seat from OWL. . A really neat easy fit solution. This is the compressor mount solution that I’m most keen on so far. 😍
View: https://youtu.be/PwdVlo_jmuo?si=BzuDjXUqwqrCIifC
Interesting solution from Owl, even for a "single" compressor.
Indeed a "pain in the ass" when mounting it under the rear seat (what I did, see my post here).
But the ARB compressor works as a charm. And indeed as the OWL guy says, much better to mount the compressor "inside" the car!
For my needs, a single compressor is OK.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I’m kinda liking the idea of that underseat twin mount. I was thinking of doing the spare mount ARB twin with the NATO harness and bracket from Blacksheep. I still think that’s awesome, but I ordered winter wheels and tires, and that winter wheel spare won’t take the Grenadier spare storage box. Not like I really need to be airing down for off-roading in winter, but it would just be one more thing I have to move every season. With the Owl underseat mount, I can just forget about it until I need it. I’ll put it on the “futures list” (which will now take me about 3 years to work through - each step has to be inconspicuous and spaced out so my wife doesn’t notice).

Oelprinz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I've send an email this morning to OWL asking if they're planning on releasing another bracket for the passenger side too. I'll post their reply in here for you all to read.
“Hey Henrik,

Reece here from Owl. Thanks for reaching out! We are short staffed in the office right now so I really apologize for the delayed response.

We are going to be coming out with a RHD version of the compressor mount, we just haven't released it yet. Stay tuned, we should have it in the next two months or so!

Thanks!

-Reece

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
“Hey Henrik,

Reece here from Owl. Thanks for reaching out! We are short staffed in the office right now so I really apologize for the delayed response.

We are going to be coming out with a RHD version of the compressor mount, we just haven't released it yet. Stay tuned, we should have it in the next two months or so!

Thanks!

-Reece
I’ve just received the same reply from Reece at Owl after enquiring about a right hand drive version.
Looking forward to fitting my compressor later in the year 😍

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love all of the creative options vendors are coming up with for mounting compressors. I'm having a hard time making a final decision, because there are pros and cons to the various solutions. The under seat idea looks all Kool and the Gang, but I also wonder about heat from the compressor negatively affecting other wiring, etc. under there or the compressor itself overheating. What if you want to wash out the floorboard or a water crossing gets a bit too damp for comfort? In any event, I thought it might facilitate discussion to include ARB's list of factors to keep in mind when considering where to mount it:

ARB Screenshot 2024-08-22 161344.png

I particularly like number 14 - "The compressor should not be mounted in a position where the running sound might be considered startling or irritating for vehicle occupants." I can see my wife's face now sitting in the passenger seat when I am airing tires back up: :mad:. She would no doubt shout something at me, and I would just yell back, "What?! I can't hear you!" Hmm . . .

Last edited:

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love all of the creative options vendors are coming up with for mounting compressors. I'm having a hard time making a final decision, because there are pros and cons to the various solutions. The under seat idea looks all Kool and the Gang, but I also wonder about heat from the compressor negatively affecting other wiring, etc. under there or the compressor itself overheating. What if you want to wash out the floorboard or a water crossing gets a bit too damp for comfort? In any event, I thought it might facilitate discussion to include ARB's list of factors to keep in mind when considering where to mount it:

View attachment 7867540

I particularly like number 14 - "The compressor should not be mounted in a position where the running sound might be considered startling or irritating for vehicle occupants." I can see my wife's face now sitting in the passenger seat when I am airing tires back up: :mad:. She would no doubt shout something at me, and I would just yell back, "What?! I can't hear you!"
Is that a feature or a bug?

RK3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best place to put this, and this thread looked like the right spot before all the Owl talk! I’m new here so LMK if it should go somewhere else.

I installed the Agile one today <pats himself on the back>. I’m mechanically inclined but this is definitely the most invasive thing I’ve ever done to a brand new car (delivered last week)! But the kit was amazing - everything was just right and the instructions were perfect. I hadn’t seen the OPs video, which would have been great also…. So thanks Agile for a nice kit that a rookie could handle installing.

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3324.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom