The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Design Build Go - ARB onboard compressor installation on YouTube

David Czarnecki

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
I just finished the install of Agile Offroad's ARB onboard compressor. Fairly easy install. End result has a factory style finish with the switch and air outlet at the rear near the large back door. I really like how this came out. Let me know if you have any questions. We do stock these kits at our shop in Statesville, NC.
View: https://youtu.be/j5amcn70QEA?si=42mKp52q6UQHFQ_j

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I was about to begin the compressor installation this morning. My wife stole the wagon to run errands just as I was getting everything ready.

The video is great. I have read and reread the printed instructions way too many times.

🍻

Edit: The T47 “wobble” for the two seat bracket T50 bolts saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Last edited:

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Finishing up now. It is much easier to pull the auxiliary battery, imo.

112F in my garage today.

Do NOT over loosen the 14mm Allen bolts to rotate the unit!

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

112F in my garage today.

Been there. Tiny little square nut falls off and you have to pull everything out and start again :(

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
I just finished the install of Agile Offroad's ARB onboard compressor. Fairly easy install. End result has a factory style finish with the switch and air outlet at the rear near the large back door. I really like how this came out. Let me know if you have any questions. We do stock these kits at our shop in Statesville, NC.
View: https://youtu.be/j5amcn70QEA?si=42mKp52q6UQHFQ_j
I have pondered getting this. What I don’t know is the relativity of the ARB system and whether it is quiet and powerful enough so that I am not annoyed using it.

I have had both cheaper and more spendy air compressors and it seems none of them are perfect. If I install this in the Ineos and it turns out I don’t like the sound or performance I am kind of screwed.

What advice or experience is out there for some neutral honest advice?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s pretty loud but who cares. You can’t really hear it too much from outside the car. It’s surprisingly fast to fill up a stock 32”.

Last edited:

David Czarnecki

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score

112F in my garage today.

You maybe right on the Auxiliary battery. I also wired up lights for my back door at the same time to make it easier. I did learn not to losses too far to rotate the compressor as well.

David Czarnecki

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I was about to begin the compressor installation this morning. My wife stole the wagon to run errands just as I was getting everything ready.

The video is great. I have read and reread the printed instructions way too many times.

🍻

Edit: The T47 “wobble” for the two seat bracket T50 bolts saved me a lot of time and frustration.
I'm really glad you benefited from that trick with the t47. I love to get feedback as to what people see as beneficial. A friend told me I should be more brief or to the point so I am working on that too.

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Been there. Tiny little square nut falls off and you have to pull everything out and start again :(
Honestly, correcting that mistake was the most time consuming part of the installation.

Just loosen the bolts enough to allow the compressor to move. Do NOT undo them.

The tiny square nuts are tiny.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score

🍻

I had a good chuckle when I read the top para!
SWMBO retorted: well ... should have anticipated his wife's needs and started the job earlier😳

For the record: I sympathise with you @74CampySuperRecord !!!😉

David Czarnecki

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I probably would have gotten the owl setup if I had not bought the Agile off-road single compressor solution a month prior. That is a very good use of space and the double is, well, double the speed.

That being said I like that the agile version that goes under the rear bench and is accessed in the rear load space. I’m surprised at how quickly the single compressor allows me to air up my stock 32’s.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Check this out for a twin ARB compressor mount under a front seat from OWL. . A really neat easy fit solution. This is the compressor mount solution that I’m most keen on so far. 😍
View: https://youtu.be/PwdVlo_jmuo?si=BzuDjXUqwqrCIifC
I do like this, seems a very tidy install.
My only concern is the heat generated by the compressor and its effect on the exposed wiring, plastic components, and seat foam.
Easy fixed with some form of heat shielding I guess.

Oelprinz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
Check this out for a twin ARB compressor mount under a front seat from OWL. . A really neat easy fit solution. This is the compressor mount solution that I’m most keen on so far. 😍
View: https://youtu.be/PwdVlo_jmuo?si=BzuDjXUqwqrCIifC
I've send an email this morning to OWL asking if they're planning on releasing another bracket for the passenger side too. I'll post their reply in here for you all to read.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I've send an email this morning to OWL asking if they're planning on releasing another bracket for the passenger side too. I'll post their reply in here for you all to read.
I’m in U.K. so right hand drive so this would be passenger side for me. The perfect solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom