The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Custom Camper Works

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Hej.

Finally been able to work on the table that I posted initial sketches for in Jan last year.

It was important to me to be able to store away the table easily (flat piece of wood with no metal pieces), use the airline rails in the back to install it and being able to adjust the angle depending on the camp site situation - pole and / or rope.

View attachment 7859887

View attachment 7859888

View attachment 7859889

View attachment 7859890

View attachment 7859891

Materials used:
- 2 stainless steel fittings - 25€
- 3m paracord
- scrap wood
- wood oil
- 2 stainless 3mm pins

So lets call t s very affordable build. ;)

Paracord pieces have a monkey fist knot preventing it to slip through as I did not want any metal pieces in the setup. Tend to hit paint with metal things in camp.

Greetings

Timo
Love this. Have literally been thinking about how to do this, this past week. Your rope solution I will borrow thankyou. I have no roof rack... Yet, so may use the grab rail somehow.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Hej.

Finally been able to work on the table that I posted initial sketches for in Jan last year.

It was important to me to be able to store away the table easily (flat piece of wood with no metal pieces), use the airline rails in the back to install it and being able to adjust the angle depending on the camp site situation - pole and / or rope.

View attachment 7859887

View attachment 7859888

View attachment 7859889

View attachment 7859890

View attachment 7859891

Materials used:
- 2 stainless steel fittings - 25€
- 3m paracord
- scrap wood
- wood oil
- 2 stainless 3mm pins

So lets call t s very affordable build. ;)

Paracord pieces have a monkey fist knot preventing it to slip through as I did not want any metal pieces in the setup. Tend to hit paint with metal things in camp.

Greetings

Timo
Hi das mo, Very nice design and ingenuity.
Where did you get the L-Track Clips.
DaBull

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Hi das mo, Very nice design and ingenuity.
Where did you get the L-Track Clips.
DaBull
Not sure what they are are called in English, but their original purpose is locking things up.

IMG_1325.jpeg

Sure you find local sellers, but this is one of tue many sellers over here.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Love this. Have literally been thinking about how to do this, this past week. Your rope solution I will borrow thankyou. I have no roof rack... Yet, so may use the grab rail somehow.
Please do.

I have actually seen a similar setup done by @Sandpirat first time. We all learn and improve together. ;)

Use a Taut Like Hitch for easy length adjustment of the ropes.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Please do.

I have actually seen a similar setup done by @Sandpirat first time. We all learn and improve together. ;)

Use a Taut Like Hitch for easy length adjustment of the ropes.
I use the Taut-Line Hitch multiple times each week - one of the most versatile knots!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom