The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cracking noise coming from the rear door :-(

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
I've had a cracking noise coming from the rear door for a few weeks now. This weekend I started troubleshooting and removed all the attachments.
Yesterday I had help with troubleshooting.

While driving it continues to crack, my help then pressed against the door with his legs and the cracking stopped.

Has anyone experienced this before and does anyone have a solution?

• Sad
Reactions: IGL

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Heard "noises" from the rear door area and discovered that the plate which anchors the gas strut to the cargo floor was loose! Tightening the plate fasteners cured the noise. Check also the door latches and whether they need to be adjusted to provide more compression on the door seals when closed....

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you very much @DenisM , I looked for it, unfortunately it wasn't. It still makes a noise.

@IGL This is not so easy to identify. The pressure was exerted on the separating point of both doors. Then it was quieter during the ride.

Do you have any other ideas?

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update: The error has been fixed. See text.

We went for a test drive and pressed the doors while driving, the noise was gone while the pressure was being exerted on the door.

My Ineos is currently being serviced and the problem has been fixed by readjusting the door. I got a new rear door seal not too long ago. The new seal meant that the door only ever latched in the first position of the lock but not in the second fully closed position. I did not notice this immediately after replacing the seal because the new seal had not yet settled. In the meantime, the new seal had settled and the door was always in the first position of the lock and had play, the door was virtually never closed properly. Now the lock catches have been readjusted and the door closes completely again, the cracking while driving has been eliminated.

Best regards,
Inky Black

Back
Top Bottom