The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Cell Booster Install

JohnnyPetros

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
I am going to install a cell booster with the antenna mounted on the cargo ladder. Any tips on best way to run the cabling and best placement for the interior antenna?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I am going to install a cell booster with the antenna mounted on the cargo ladder. Any tips on best way to run the cabling and best placement for the interior antenna?
For a radio antenna mounted to the top of the ladder, I simply ran the coax cable down along the ladder’s left-hand upright tube and then the under the lower edge of smaller rear door (near the existing black rubber ‘banjo’ wire conduit) and then into the rear loadspace.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I ran mine over into the upper corner of the door and under the trim, routed it over to the right side of the car and along that side under the trim until under the rear seat. Installed the cell booster there. Routed the interior antenna cable in the center console and used vlp tape from 3m to mount it on the side of the front console roughly inline with the driver seat heat button, just above the ignition key.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
To echo the previous statements; I have my interior antenna (the standard small flat panel style) attached to the top of the Infotainment screen surround (as there is a phone mounted to either side of the screen). Running the cable was super easy, just pop off the trim on the backside of the screen (pull straight up) and use a snake/long ziptie to guide the cable to the bottom of the center console, then back along either the center tunnel or over and down the door sills. Disassembly of either is straight forward and may be made easier with a panel tool.

I have my Weboost unit mounted in the back of the cargo area and up high, so I needed to purchase an extension for the interior antenna (found here). For the external antenna, mine is located on the roof rack, but the cable is run down the edge of the door channel (tucked in/behind the door seal), then with a drip loop at the bottom of the door opening, and in right over the seal. You could also run it into the door through one of the seals on the side and then down inside the door, and through the wiring channel (perhaps @Stu_Barnes could post a photo of his install in this fashion)

Back
Top Bottom