The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Car or Truck?

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
It’s a 4WD.

You remember them sirely. They used to make them once apon a time before they got flasky and turned them into SUVs.

And that my friends is why we have all signed up for one, because we want a 4WD.
Well I do anyway.
Totally agree (although over here we’d say 4x4)! It just seems like those terms have been hijacked these days & now also apply to vehicles that fit squarely into other categories …merky waters! Haha 🙃

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My registration document refers to her as a passenger car (class M1) but we call her a truck, or more often by her given name Izzi. Never a car.
You're referring to it as "her" has it not been declared gender neutral or has it transitioned to female?

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
In Australia it’s class is “Medium Goods Carrying Vehicle” in other words, a truck
Yeah but that's really just a technicality based on it's load carrying capacity.

I think the practical reality is that the 5 seater version is predominately a vehicle to carry 5 passengers and a couple of hundred KG of their gear. I doubt it fits the common usage of the term truck. It's a super strong car!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're referring to it as "her" has it not been declared gender neutral or has it transitioned to female?
No transitioning needed, declared female upon build🤣

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, a picture seems to be forming & that is that there really is no consensus. Personally, I feel that ‘neither’ is the correct answer & that ‘vehicle’ & ‘4x4’ are the only actually correct terms that we can use at present (the issue there though is that both are too vague). Perhaps we need to come up with a new term that we can use?

In another thread I had been saying ‘proper 4x4’ but someone took exception to that as though it was in some way derogatory to SUVs. It might seem like a silly thing to concern oneself with; however, it would be good to not have to always have an extended explanatory conversation anytime somebody asks us what type of vehicle it is (which, as an owner, seems to happen multiple times every time I go anywhere 🙃).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
It’s a 4WD.

You remember them surely. They used to make them once apon a time before they got all flashy and turned them into SUVs.

And that my friends is why we have all signed up for one, because we want a 4WD.
Well I do anyway.
I have to drive across some pretty crappy roads............to get to the coffee shop
I want a manly man 4WD
I am going to get mine wrapped with mud splashes and blood prays up the side.
1685792014770.png

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
A truck is 7.5 tonnes +, a car is a 2/4 door family runaround. Its a 4x4 or as the wife calls it another ' prat mobile'
(just can't work that one out??)
To me its a daily driving, a load lugging, a dog transporting, gear carrying, DIYing, off roading, mud plugging, smile invoking 4x4, that i didn't need to buy but just wanted one.

Back
Top Bottom