The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bingo fuel

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
We have been doing some fuel economy range tests since we purchased a couple weeks ago. I do not have enough data to go buy with only 700 miles on it since Sep 9.

My first and second "pen/paper" calcs got gave us 16.2 average over the two refueling stops here. Grenny calcs were 18.6 in its computer. This is with US gallons.

I drive fast on our 75mph interstates and am consistently faster ;)......but the Grenadier gets what I expect out of it.

I keep the 15mpg as a baseline in the back of my head for mental math on range to fill up.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
I get the first (yellow) low fuel warning when the tank is still a third full and then it switches to an angry red fuel warning at a quarter full which equates to roughly 120 miles and 90 miles respective range on a diesel model. Very strange if you're coming from a modern car but it kind of makes sense on a vehicle that is designed to be used out in the wilds and far from civilization. On the other hand, the heart-failure inducing warning 'bong' that accompanies the visual warnings is overkill for sure.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I claim the bingo prize.

PXL_20241007_163608393.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I claim the bingo prize.

View attachment 7872445
They may/could actual be both correct, they are measuring different things. The tank gauge is measuring the quantity of fuel left in the tank (circa 50l or 10 gals). But the remaining range is base on your current consumption rate. So if you were consuming fuel at an unprecedented rate for whatever reason (going uphill full revs for 5 miles in low range fast towing a 3.5 T trailer) that would be your remaining range under those circumstances.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They may/could actual be both correct, they are measuring different things. The tank gauge is measuring the quantity of fuel left in the tank (circa 50l or 10 gals). But the remaining range is base on your current consumption rate. So if you were consuming fuel at an unprecedented rate for whatever reason (going uphill full revs for 5 miles in low range fast towing a 3.5 T trailer) that would be your remaining range under those circumstances.
Actually my driveway is on a slope. If I park uphill it overreads, downhill it underreads.
I was parked downhill then moved it uphill which seemed to confuse everything.
Hopefully I am not getting 3 to 4 mpg.

Back
Top Bottom