The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Corporate/Dealer Event Big Red Bash 2024

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Absolutely want to get out there, but will have to be next year, unless I get selected to an Aussie team heading over to Finland mid-next year.

Mikeb62

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We're going!! Leaving from Sydney on Friday. See you there GavinD...I think you must be who my wife mentioned...she plays tennis with wife of your mate coming with you 😁. Sydney is a small town of 5.5M

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm going to the Mundi Bash in August 👌

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't follow up.... but was wondering if IA had reserved an area for Grenadiers at "special" prices at both events?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Enjoy. The music should be great, but sharing the Simpson Desert with 10,000 other people, most who know nothing about being out there, isn’t my idea of fun. I prefer a quieter, less complicated life.
I have a mate who’s done the bash a few times and he loves it.

Mikeb62

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got back to Sydney today. Ended up being GREAT, way better than I was expecting. Had a really fun time. The INEOS camp area was in a perfect location right at the front. Sunday was bad as above video. But we went in on Monday from Windorah. Although the road was still a bit of muddy fun. It dried out fast and the Bash area was for the most part fully dry when we rolled in at 3pm. They held everyone in Birdsville until that time. Worked out very well and the 3 days of the festival had great weather. A lot of rain was due late Friday so they wanted everyone out ASAP. We went out to Birdsville Thursday night and stayed ahead of the rain whole way home. PXL_20240701_231656361.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is an infomercial.

Just remember:
1. you are locked inside the event grounds (at Big Red) for the 4 days;
2. if it rains, it turns to mud, which it did this year;
3. if you tow a caravan or trailer you can be lined up for many hours at Birdsville and Windorah to get fuel. I was at Eromanga at the time and we heard the line went for many kilometers.
4. I stayed off the roads in the 48 hours after the Bash finished and Eromanga was not even the main way out, but the smart people knew you could get fuel much more easily at Eromanga.
5. Some people coming up from the south got cut off in North West NSW due to flooding and arrived late. I was talking to them at Eromanga at the end of Day 1, with their cars caked with lots of mud. They headed off about 5pm heading towards the Bash. They may have made it by day 2 (Birdsville was over 600km past Eromanga).

John Canny has a video up of his trip.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN5ki81fwGY

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
That is an infomercial.

Just remember:
1. you are locked inside the event grounds (at Big Red) for the 4 days;
2. if it rains, it turns to mud, which it did this year;
3. if you tow a caravan or trailer you can be lined up for many hours at Birdsville and Windorah to get fuel. I was at Eromanga at the time and we heard the line went for many kilometers.
4. I stayed off the roads in the 48 hours after the Bash finished and Eromanga was not even the main way out, but the smart people knew you could get fuel much more easily at Eromanga.
5. Some people coming up from the south got cut off in North West NSW due to flooding and arrived late. I was talking to them at Eromanga at the end of Day 1, with their cars caked with lots of mud. They headed off about 5pm heading towards the Bash. They may have made it by day 2 (Birdsville was over 600km past Eromanga).

John Canny has a video up of his trip.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN5ki81fwGY
Ummm isn’t that the appeal of the adventure and the bash though? It’s hard, the elements throw challenges at you, you’re camping with thousands of other people in the desert to experience a special event. If it was easy, I’d just go to a festival that doesn’t require a 4000km outback road return road trip like day on the green or big day out.
Ive watched John’s video on his experience, looked like a fun time!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ummm isn’t that the appeal of the adventure and the bash though? It’s hard, the elements throw challenges at you, you’re camping with thousands of other people in the desert to experience a special event. If it was easy, I’d just go to a festival that doesn’t require a 4000km outback road return road trip like day on the green or big day out.
Ive watched John’s video on his experience, looked like a fun time!
I am not trying to discourage you, just go with your eyes open.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got back to Sydney today. Ended up being GREAT, way better than I was expecting. Had a really fun time. The INEOS camp area was in a perfect location right at the front. Sunday was bad as above video. But we went in on Monday from Windorah. Although the road was still a bit of muddy fun. It dried out fast and the Bash area was for the most part fully dry when we rolled in at 3pm. They held everyone in Birdsville until that time. Worked out very well and the 3 days of the festival had great weather. A lot of rain was due late Friday so they wanted everyone out ASAP. We went out to Birdsville Thursday night and stayed ahead of the rain whole way home. View attachment 7862778
Is that your Vista @Mikeb62 ?

Mikeb62

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that your Vista @Mikeb62 ?
Yes, it was great on this trip. No dust inside at all and tracked along behind the IG almost unnoticed. Five other owners around us. The Ineos corporate guys and their setups behind us and out of view. Worked well, the public looked through the Ineos display and cast an eye our way. Only a few approached with us for a chat...which was fine.

Back
Top Bottom