The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

battery charge limitation

Xrford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
So really if i chase the postive terminal post from the bonnet back to the busbar at the battery, Connect my charger termination plug lead thing (ctek provide with their smart chargers) to this, and the negative lead of the plug to the negative body connection next to the start battery, I'll be right and have easier access rather than popping bonnet. Just flick open rear passenger door instead.
I connected my battery charger ring terminal quick connect cable to one of the free positive studs next to the + jump start post under the hood and the neg to the ground stud on the rad support just in front of it. I then ran the cable and quick connect plug through a gap next to the top of the radiator in to the front grill area. I then cable tied it to the radiator plastic mesh screen with enough of a tail that I can fish it out with my fingers. It tucks nicely behind a void on the USA passenger side of the front grill when not in use and it is out of sight. When I need to charge I just use my index finger to fish it out and plug in. When done I just push back behind the grill so it is out of sight again. This way I do not have to have the hood open or any doors or windows open to charge my batteries. I work from home so my vehicle can sit for days, so I always have it plugged in to a noco charger and this setup makes connecting to my charger quick and easy. I like this setup also for camping with shore power, I can just bring my 10amp water resistant noco charger and plug in to shore power while my vehicle is totally sealed to the rain or bugs. One tip that I recommend is to leave a big note on your drivers seat, to remind you that your charger is connect, so you do not drive off while connected. On a side note, keeping my battery on a battery charger when not in daily use, has prolonged my battery life by large factor. I got more than 10years out of my starter battery on my previous vehicles using this approach. Batteries are not cheap these days.

Last edited:

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I connected my charger battery ring terminal charge dongles to one of the free positive studs next to the + jump start post

Did you mean to write “…battery charger ring terminal…” vice: “…charger battery ring terminal…”?

Xrford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you mean to write “…battery charger ring terminal…” vice: “…charger battery ring terminal…”?
Yes sorry. This battery charger ring terminal quick connect cable.
6-GC002-dimensions@2x.jpg

I fixed my wording on the original posting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom