The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

battery charge limitation

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
My typical SoC if in the low 70ties %. Above 70% SoC the charging rate is 1-2 A only. Below 70% SoC - when the numbers are amber - the charging rate is 2 digits, say 10-20 A. Don't remember exactly the threshold for the red numbers (was is 60% SoC?), but then the charging rate goes goes well up above the 50ties A.
I get a SoC above 80% only when using an external battery charger.
Ditto here

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Edit…
I’m actually a little nervous about taking the batteries out for a maintenance charge due to possible software issues when reconnecting 🤦‍♂️
Don’t take them out. Connect the smart charger to the jump start post terminal under the bonnet as I do.

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Don’t take them out. Connect the smart charger to the jump start post terminal under the bonnet as I do.
Thanks, was thinking this would do the trick 😉
So where is the smart charger permanently fixed in yours? Any pics?
And here is the bonus question…
Do you know if there are any of these smart chargers that could be permanently fixed in and also have solar inputs too?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, was thinking this would do the trick 😉
So where is the smart charger permanently fixed in yours? Any pics?
And here is the bonus question…
Do you know if there are any of these smart chargers that could be permanently fixed in and also have solar inputs too?
Not aware of any with solar inputs as all the smart chargers I know of are mains fed.
My charger is currently in the battery compartment but I may move and will definitely reroute mains cable and run through conduit. I’m going to probably fit a camping mains hook up unit with inbuilt rcd and sockets and plug the Victron smart charger into this. When I had the smart charger fitted in South Africa they also fitted mains sockets but they are South African round so figure a ready made mains hook up unit to replace this will be a better option. IMG_2483.jpegIMG_2490.jpegIMG_1975.jpeg

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Not aware of any with solar inputs as all the smart chargers I know of are mains fed.
My charger is currently in the battery compartment but I may move and will definitely reroute mains cable and run through conduit. I’m going to probably fit a camping mains hook up unit with inbuilt rcd and sockets and plug the Victron smart charger into this. When I had the smart charger fitted in South Africa they also fitted mains sockets but they are South African round so figure a ready made mains hook up unit to replace this will be a better option. View attachment 7862400View attachment 7862402View attachment 7862403
Thanks VERY much for the details @Logsplitter 😁👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom