The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australian 2025 price adjustment

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Does this happen often in AUS (lowering a price due to tariff adjustment)?
Often? Hard to say. Who tracks this stuff broadly.
IA applied for and were granted an import Tariff Concession Order (TCO). They first had to demonstrate that the Grenadier is not competing with a local product.
The TCO has removed A$5K from the import cost to IA and they opted to deduct that from the selling price for MY25. The Australian 4WD market is competitive and price sensitive so kudos to IA for finding a way to lower the cost and pass it through.

This is the 2nd price reduction 'win' for Australian buyers. During the 2021-22 reservation and deposit stage IA applied to have a Luxury Car Tax removed from the Grenadier. LCT adds a 33% tax to vehicles above a certain price threshold. It's a legacy tax that previously protected sales of Australian produced cars but is now an obsolete tax because Australia doesn't build cars anymore. IA had the Grenadier categorised as a commercial vehicle in Australia. One of the outcomes was to side-step the LCT. That took A$10K+ off the price for the first round of MY23 buyers. A reward for the early adopters.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score

INEOS has slashed the prices across its 2025 Grenadier range.​

I would hardly call that "slashing" prices.
As the title of this thread states it is simply an "adjustment" and a fairly minor one at that.

Reactions: Max
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score

INEOS has slashed the prices across its 2025 Grenadier range.​

I would hardly call that "slashing" prices.
As the title of this thread states it is simply an "adjustment" and a fairly minor one at that.
Agree. But if they are going to cut prices on 25MY and something back to those that have 24MY then does that mean there isn't a price increase for 2025 in AUS?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Agree. But if they are going to cut prices on 25MY and something back to those that have 24MY then does that mean there isn't a price increase for 2025 in AUS?

Australian 2025 price adjustment​

A little sweetener for the Australian Market. (y)
IMO, I would suggest that car prices in general will rise. I'd love to be wrong but looking at the costs of living and manufacturing price increases, materials. And the list goes on, just a little unfortunate that inflation is winning here in OZ at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom