The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Au revoir

Annee Grenadier_girl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

So last week I drove my Grenadier to Rotterdam where it went into a container to get shipped to CapeTown where it’ll arrive about December time and I’ll fly out to meet it at the beginning of January when I’ll start my African adventure driving through South Africa, Botswana and then Namibia before driving it back to CapeTown when it’ll sail home to the UK, I’ll be travelling for 3 months, just me, my Grenadier, roof tent and smiles.

I’ll be posting my travels on my instagram grenadier_girl.

I have hit my first hurdle already, the Dutch customs have pulled the container for a physical check therefore it has missed its ship but will go on the next available sometime in November.

If anyone has done a similar road trip please let me know the “not to miss”, “don’t forget” and any other information you’d like to share.

Annee grenadier_girl

Attachments

• IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 16

DVA Mechanics

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

So last week I drove my Grenadier to Rotterdam where it went into a container to get shipped to CapeTown where it’ll arrive about December time and I’ll fly out to meet it at the beginning of January when I’ll start my African adventure driving through South Africa, Botswana and then Namibia before driving it back to CapeTown when it’ll sail home to the UK, I’ll be travelling for 3 months, just me, my Grenadier, roof tent and smiles.

I have hit my first hurdle already, the Dutch customs have pulled the container for a physical check therefore it has missed its ship but will go on the next available sometime in November.

If anyone has done a similar road trip please let me know the “not to miss”, “don’t forget” and any other information you’d like to share.

Annee grenadier_girl
Have an amazing trip!!!

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for the potential hijack- but if an American (me) wanted to ship a car to Europe, how does that work. Has anyone done it?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for the potential hijack- but if an American (me) wanted to ship a car to Europe, how does that work. Has anyone done it?
Same way, either container or RoRo, a quick Googling will show you several companies that will give you quotes almost immediately.

If memory serves me, you can have the vehicle in the Schengen Area for 6 months

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

Annee grenadier_girl
What an amazing adventure @Annee Grenadier_girl
@Logsplitter has done a similar Africa trip in his Grenadier. In addition to the must see and do, he could probably assist with info on where to obtain assistance with your vehicle if required, as well as border crossing info.
Read about Logsplitter's journey here

harvthe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
following you on the insta already! have you considered putting the trip on polarsteps? it's easier to see what routes you have taken! will be an amazing trip and we will be watching you closely!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

Annee grenadier_girl
Brilliant! Safe travels! Clearly @Logsplitter is your huckleberry for that itinerary, the other person to ping would be Scott Brady at Expedition Portal who has done the Africa crossing in a Gren.

Any questions on general long range/adverse conditions use please DM on here or Insta.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Annee grenadier_girl
Hello @Annee Grenadier_girl . That makes me happy for you. You are a strong woman. I take my hat off to you. I wish you all the best and look forward to your reports. Enjoy your time. Best regards.

Back
Top Bottom