The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone modified the plate that the volume button is attached to?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I'm adding a sub with a remote control knob.
I'm considering making a new plate for the plate that holds the volume knob, relocate the volume knob to the left and place a sub knob on the same plate. I figure I can buy anodized aluminum plate in the right dimension and color which I plan to drill mounting holes into as well as knob mounting holes. Laser engrave the volume and sub label on the plate.

Anyone done this? Seems like a really natural place to add a bass knob rather than into the overhead panel as I've seen some European users do.

I haven't open the plate yet, I've been driving all day to Utah for Grenadier fest but had plenty of time to think about it.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
Can not be modified.

See here:

You’ll need to locate it in the dash next to the steering wheel, or on center console like the trailer brake controlled in the photo, or if it were me inside the center console cubby.

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2634.jpeg
    IMG_2634.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2633.jpeg
    IMG_2633.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I'm adding a sub with a remote control knob.
I'm considering making a new plate for the plate that holds the volume knob, relocate the volume knob to the left and place a sub knob on the same plate. I figure I can buy anodized aluminum plate in the right dimension and color which I plan to drill mounting holes into as well as knob mounting holes. Laser engrave the volume and sub label on the plate.

Anyone done this? Seems like a really natural place to add a bass knob rather than into the overhead panel as I've seen some European users do.

I haven't open the plate yet, I've been driving all day to Utah for Grenadier fest but had plenty of time to think about it.
One idea that I will be doing, is putting the controller above the emergency brake. I can't think of the audio shop in the UK, they did it with a dual controller. One for bass and other for precise volume.

Back
Top Bottom