The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone have a winch recommendation

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
I didn’t purchase the front winch with my Fieldmaster. I would like to add one now. Has anyone ever bought the factory winch and front bumper middle section after your purchase and is there another option?

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I didn’t purchase the front winch with my Fieldmaster. I would like to add one now. Has anyone ever bought the factory winch and front bumper middle section after your purchase and is there another option?
You can do a full replacement aftermarket bumper or you can buy the soon to be released GP factor winch mount and come up winch for your factory bumper

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
GPFactor has a winch mount that fits inside the factory bumper using a custom ComeUp winch

There are full replacements (CATuned for instance), and soon (from at least one company) will be a center section replacement that will allow for a variety of winch options (such as the Warn VR or Zeon line)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Did you order the high voltage wiring?
I am interested how easy it will be to fit a winch when als the cables and fuses yet are in place.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you order the high voltage wiring?
I am interested how easy it will be to fit a winch when als the cables and fuses yet are in place.
Yes, I ordered the auxiliary battery and external wiring so all good to go! Just need to find a winch!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same situation as you. Also looking at my options. What are you leaning towards? I've seen the catuned bumper, it looks pretty good. Especially with the up and coming bull bar.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same situation as you. Also looking at my options. What are you leaning towards? I've seen the catuned bumper, it looks pretty good. Especially with the up and coming bull bar.
I am not sure what to do just yet. I need one for my first big road trip in July, so I have a bit of time. Honestly, I wish I’d gotten the factory winch so I wouldn’t be in this dilemma.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By the way, do you have a boxer dog? I just noticed your photo! I have a female boxer that is 18 months old. We have been showing her at AKC shows in the Midwest. She is so cool. She is my road trip partner this July!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is 3.5 years old. Her name is kira. European boxer, Mom from serbia and dad from omsk in Russia. I've had boxers my entire life. This one is a sweetheart. We considered training her for shutzhund, she has a very stable temperament. But In the end we only did regular obedience training, as much as that can be done with the famously stubborn boxer dog!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is 3.5 years old. Her name is kira. European boxer, Mom from serbia and dad from omsk in Russia. I've had boxers my entire life. This one is a sweetheart. We considered training her for shutzhund, she has a very stable temperament. But In the end we only did regular obedience training, as much as that can be done with the famously stubborn boxer dog!
My boxer is a super athlete. She literally jumps
the sofa without even touching it. She can go nuts in the house ripping around like a freaking racehorse or something. She is so damn cool.

Attachments

• IMG_4893.jpeg
    IMG_4893.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's a great DOG THREAD if you care to add your images there.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
I bought something else from XLW and noticed they do a full bumper replacement with a universal winch mount. Best part of 3,000€.

Probably more interesting for those who have that huge plastic thing instead of a proper bumper.

Screenshot_20240605-143830.jpg

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing. It’s been crickets from them. @GPFACTOR can you give us an update?
Hey Guys,

We will have some big updates in the next two weeks. Just buttoning some items up on the kit. I was planning to have the updates / launch back in May, but of course everything takes longer than expected. Appreciate everyones patience🙏

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We will have some big updates in the next two weeks. Just buttoning some items up on the kit. I was planning to have the updates / launch back in May, but of course everything takes longer than expected. Appreciate everyones patience🙏
Awesome, thank you!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can't wait. I bought mine from a deal that someone else backed out of. It came with wiring and suspension for a winch but no winch installed. Been looking since.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can't wait. I bought mine from a deal that someone else backed out of. It came with wiring and suspension for a winch but no winch installed. Been looking since.
Which suspension setup is that?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not entirely sure. My car has a tow hitch mount installed from factory up front behind the license plate and the dealer told me that it had a slightly stiffer suspension because of that. They told me that trucks that came with the winch option from factory has the same suspension and that it is different from cars not prewired for the winch.

He could be full of it, I haven't really verified what the said.

Back
Top Bottom