The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Andrew Kilby Build

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here is my completed touring build except the roof rack fitout which will be done later:

Roof Rack Lights: I wanted something that didn't require drilling, and this is my solution. The two plates clamp together and are larger than the hole in the rack.

Internal Rear: I fitted a 20mm ply base covered in marine carpet. This is fixed in 4 places using the L Track rails. On to this are mounted 2 off U Sections. The one on the left has a 20mm Ply board covered in marine carpet fixed to it. L Track rails are fitted to the top of it and used to tie down the Front Runner boxes. Under is used to store fold up tables and legs for my cam kitchen. (love the L Track). on the right is another U Section. for day-to-day use a ply board covered in marine carpet is installed. It is deliberately at a lower level to stop stuff sliding around. When touring the fridge cover box is installed. A 100AH battery and DC/DC charger is mounted behind the fridge box and this is hidden when the rear seats are in the upright position.

Folded Rear Seat Protector: When the rear seats are folded down i can place the 20mm covered board on them. It fits nicely into a recess on the back of the folded-up seat. I wanted this, not just to protect the seats but also to distribute the load as it can get quite heavy with gear for a long trip.

Tailgate Table: Here is my take on the tailgate table. It is designed so the fridge will slide over it, allowing the use of 60% of it to unload the fridge onto.

Inverter: Not shown is a 5000W inverter which is powered by plugging into the NATO Plug. Used for Coffee Machine, Kettle and if I ever decide to a dual induction cook top. My logic is that running the car while cooking dinner is no more difficult that having gas and may even be easier as induction cookers are smaller than gas stoves and there is no need to carry gas.

Rear Cargo Barrier: As we know the Ineos half height cargo barrier is not intended to be moved to behind the front row of seats. Very poor design in my opinion and misleading promotion. However, I have been able to create extension brackets and modify the top mounts to accommodate the move. What i did can be found in an alternate post https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/cargo-barrier-in-australia.12413987/post-1333268633

I hope this is of some use to others.

Attachments

• Base Pic 3.jpg
    Base Pic 3.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 125
  • Daily Drive Setup 1.jpg
    Daily Drive Setup 1.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 122
  • Daily Drive Setup 2.jpg
    Daily Drive Setup 2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 117
  • Folded Rear Seat Protector 2.jpg
    Folded Rear Seat Protector 2.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 115
  • Touring Setup .jpg
    Touring Setup .jpg
    5 MB · Views: 113
  • Base Pic 1.jpg
    Base Pic 1.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 108
  • Base Pic 2.jpg
    Base Pic 2.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 108
  • Folded Rear Seat Protector 1.jpg
    Folded Rear Seat Protector 1.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 105
  • Roof Rack Light 1.jpg
    Roof Rack Light 1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 107
  • Roof Rack Light 2.jpg
    Roof Rack Light 2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
  • Roof Rack Light 3.jpg
    Roof Rack Light 3.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 108
  • Tailgate Table 1.jpg
    Tailgate Table 1.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 100
  • Tailgate Table 3.jpg
    Tailgate Table 3.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
The base over the back seat has come out well, and I assume the rear table is also your handy work has saved a bunch of cas and is no less functional and easily repairable as well.

Just a suggestion - I would be tempted to coat the underside of the table with some sort of coating to make it look more professional. Probably tactical black 😀 👍

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
The base over the back seat has come out well, and I assume the rear table is also your handy work has saved a bunch of cas and is no less functional and easily repairable as well.

Just a suggestion - I would be tempted to coat the underside of the table with some sort of coating to make it look more professional. Probably tactical black 😀 👍
thanks for the tip. It is currently finished with Tongue Oil but i agree the black would look much better.

NomadJS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Everything looks great, I really like the way you mounted your roof lights. If you don't mind what kind of Roof Rack did you go with and are the mounting plates easy to find? thanks

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
I love everything about your additions. Really sensible table design. The carpet, the removable fridge cover… great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom