The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Am I hooked? Do I need Help?

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
I've had my Gren now for just on one month, and have undertaken at least one road trip each weekend since, driving down previously unexplored roads in my district each time. Saturday just past, I had to drive across Sydney to an event, a trip at 5:30am taking me about 2 hours or so to complete, and at the destination, I reflected that the morning's drive was a heck of a lot of fun. My trip home that evening was down freeways, and much much more boring (apart from the idiots jamming Sydney UHF Channel 40 with their mindless drivel).

I can't go a day without checking this forum for news, videos, and interesting stories.

I've already bought additional bits-n-bobs for it, and am debating about acquiring even more stuff. I _never_ had this level of enthusiasm for upgrades with the Amarok - I only added a canopy to it, and that was it.

I _still_ can't stop thinking about the vehicle that is now parked on my driveway.

I have ZERO regrets about the purchase, the cost is what it is for such a vehicle - my cautious concern isn't with the vehicle at this stage, it's with the support being provided by Ineos to the community and to the dealer network.

I have my dream vehicle, and look forward to the next time I get to jump into it and go for a drive somewhere (even if it's just locally down to the shops).

Do I need help? Am I hooked?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I've had my Gren now for just on one month, and have undertaken at least one road trip each weekend since, driving down previously unexplored roads in my district each time. Saturday just past, I had to drive across Sydney to an event, a trip at 5:30am taking me about 2 hours or so to complete, and at the destination, I reflected that the morning's drive was a heck of a lot of fun. My trip home that evening was down freeways, and much much more boring (apart from the idiots jamming Sydney UHF Channel 40 with their mindless drivel).

I can't go a day without checking this forum for news, videos, and interesting stories.

I've already bought additional bits-n-bobs for it, and am debating about acquiring even more stuff. I _never_ had this level of enthusiasm for upgrades with the Amarok - I only added a canopy to it, and that was it.

I _still_ can't stop thinking about the vehicle that is now parked on my driveway.

I have ZERO regrets about the purchase, the cost is what it is for such a vehicle - my cautious concern isn't with the vehicle at this stage, it's with the support being provided by Ineos to the community and to the dealer network.

I have my dream vehicle, and look forward to the next time I get to jump into it and go for a drive somewhere (even if it's just locally down to the shops).

It's a chronic condition for which there is no known cure.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score

Snipwrech you are perferctly sane and well. You have just joined the elite band of people who are faced on a daily basis with the question....
" Is that ones of those new Ur.. 4x4s made by who ?" A superior position for you to enjoy as much as the trips

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just convinced she who must be obeyed that we need to go and visit the in-laws (2 hours drive away) this weekend because the grenadier needs a run. It hasn’t been driven for over a month as I’ve had a knee replacement and probably won’t be able to drive for another 2 weeks. Battery level (twin battery) is down to 83%.
This will be her first drive in the drivers seat. I’m keen enough to go for a run in it, I’m prepared to just be a passenger.

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Snipwrech you are perferctly sane and well. You have just joined the elite band of people who are faced on a daily basis with the question....
" Is that ones of those new Ur.. 4x4s made by who ?" A superior position for you to enjoy as much as the trips

At the event on Saturday, I had a lot of people approach me and say things like "Is this a Jeep?" (wash your mouth out with soap!) or "Is this a Land Rover Defender?" (seriously? It looks nothing like a Defender *rolls eyes*).

"It's an Ineos Grenadier", I say, pointing to the "Grenadier" stamped into the side of the bonnet.

"What the heck is that?"

(I must get used to this...) as I happily (truly, I am happy to ...) show them through the spaceship-inspired interior, and the 4WD features, whilst completely glossing over (... neglecting ...) the issues and RHD footwell bump. "Hey, look at these sidesteps... "

Back
Top Bottom