The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

All warning lights on

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Love to get any advice.

After driving up and down a rough track which required all diff locks, bellying out in peat and getting quite thrown around, all my warning lights seem to have come on. Messages are ESC and ABS not available, downhill and uphill assist, power steering error etc.

Was impressed with how it did on the track.

Drives fine.

Have called the AA but I am a long way from civilisation.

1722357050033.jpeg

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Looks familiar, but it's a bit different to your case. Had these warnings on two days in a row. No mechanical issues detected.
Tip from the forum: when turning the key, wait until all the lights have gone out, then turn the key to start the engine.
I never received these warnings again.20240302_115357.jpg

Vote:
Upvote 0

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Lots of Christmas lights are annoying, but I suppose the alternative is not knowing there is something wrong, and that causing a bigger issue (or accident) later on.
Be nice if there wasn’t 5-10 lights at a time though.

Anyway, I’m glad it wasn’t a significant issue.

Vote:
Upvote 0

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Lots of Christmas lights are annoying, but I suppose the alternative is not knowing there is something wrong, and that causing a bigger issue (or accident) later on.
Be nice if there wasn’t 5-10 lights at a time though.

Anyway, I’m glad it wasn’t a significant issue.
when I had the orange warning triangle on permanent, due to an actual issue (but ok to drive), i found just covering the screen with my demister pad sorted out any worries. Head in the sand method!!

Vote:
Upvote 0

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Someone needs to sit Ineos Automotive engineers down in a circle, give them each a blanket and a juice box, and read them the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Warnings, warnings, warnings, cascading warnings, false alarms, and more warnings. WTF.

I ignore everything. Sad, really. Because I really enjoy driving the vehicle and it seems mechanically fantastic so far.

Vote:
Upvote 0

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Someone needs to sit Ineos Automotive engineers down in a circle, give them each a blanket and a juice box, and read them the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Warnings, warnings, warnings, cascading warnings, false alarms, and more warnings. WTF.

I ignore everything. Sad, really. Because I really enjoy driving the vehicle and it seems mechanically fantastic so far.

You make it sound like this is an Ineos problem.
This sort of stuff, and just about every other Ineos “complaint” on here has been a part of just about every car manufacturers manifesto for over 15 years at least.

Ineos’s brief was to build as simple a vehicle as they would be allowed to in a modern world. It wasn’t to completely disrupt the motor vehicle industry.

Vote:
Upvote 0

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a tangent to this discussion, I wonder if anyone (in say the last 6 months since the original gremlins have been largely sorted) has ended up in limp mode and stranded not being able to drive at more than a snails pace, or at all, as a result of an electrical gremlin like a MAF sensor going or similar.
We had to leave a mate in a Pajero on a flat bed to Alice Springs because of a similar drama. He missed the Finke Gorge and coming home across the Simpson Desert because of a faulty $50 part which didn’t really effect his traveling.

Vote:
Upvote 0

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
You make it sound like this is an Ineos problem. This sort of stuff, and just about every other Ineos “complaint” on here has been a part of just about every car manufacturers manifesto for over 15 years at least.
I have a 2021 Sprinter with all these systems and more. They're nowhere near as unreliable or distracting as Ineos' rendition.

Ineos is absolutely allowed to deliver a better experience of UI and technology than they have and I think it's important to call out both the awesome and the shitty in products you want to see survive and improve. To each their own but IMO quietly accepting low quality experiences enshittifies the industry or at least the brand.

Vote:
Upvote 0

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Sprinter with all these systems and more. They're nowhere near as unreliable or distracting as Ineos' rendition.

Ineos is absolutely allowed to deliver a better experience of UI and technology than they have and I think it's important to call out both the awesome and the shitty in products you want to see survive and improve. To each their own but IMO quietly accepting low quality experiences enshittifies the industry or at least the brand.
I am going to see how many times I can use the word 'enshittifies' in the office today. (y)

Vote:
Upvote 0

Davegibbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Love to get any advice.

After driving up and down a rough track which required all diff locks, bellying out in peat and getting quite thrown around, all my warning lights seem to have come on. Messages are ESC and ABS not available, downhill and uphill assist, power steering error etc.

Was impressed with how it did on the track.

Drives fine.

Have called the AA but I am a long way from civilisation.

View attachment 7865263
Pressing the mute switch in the middle of the volume control until the main display resets will reboot the system.

Reactions: MRO
Vote:
Upvote 0

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update: Have carried on driving the IG with all the warning lights on. Launched boats, forded rivers, etc. Annoyingly the off-road mode and diff locks wont engage but got by with the centre diff and low ratio. Electronic activation of diff locks really is not a great idea if it can be derailed by some mud getting into a wheel speed sensor. At least give us a kill nanny switch.

Vote:
Upvote 0

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pressing the mute switch in the middle of the volume control until the main display resets will reboot the system.
Thanks. I did try that as well as disengaging the battery and it had no impact.

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Electronic activation of diff locks really is not a great idea if it can be derailed by some mud getting into a wheel speed sensor.
Have you confirmed that was the cause of the issue?

Vote:
Upvote 0

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well done getting a local mechanic to sort it out. Always a worry with warning lights but from what AA or other relay services plus garages have said is, only worry/stop driving if it's red. One of our other vehicles used to have a red engine warning light come on regularly when it was new and it was always a faulty sensor and it had to be sent on a low loader to dealership every time. Now it's 12 years old and hasn't done it for about 9 years. Shouldn't have said that, it will play up now, although the heater fan has just started to make an horrendous noise!!
Drive safe back to Devon and give us all an update on where you were travelling in Scotland and how you managed to get off the surfaced road. It's not easy to find them up there
Not a green lane I am afraid. It is a crofting track for peat cutting that I have access to. Cattle had been fed on the track using a front loader tractor leaving huge tractor ruts in soft peat but on top of a hard surface. Too mission oriented not to keep going but very impressed with how the Ineos coped with it. North Coast near Tongue. I think all the tracks up here are private and most of them are not demanding, just bumpy. If there is an IG group tour, worth contacting the relevant estate offices to get access and a cash contribution to help cover maintenance will get you most places. Some are very private, most aren't. The Anders Povlsen estates are huge and have a lot of interesting tracks on them if you wanted to try one.

Reactions: CRH
Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom