The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AIR FILTER BOX SCREWS LOOSE - esp. Australian owners

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
When checking under the bonnet/hood yesterday I saw a loose screw in the airbox, it was almost completely out.

I checked all the screws and everyone was loose, in some form. I have hit plenty of bumps but almost no corrugations, and no work has been done on the airbox.

I have now added these screws to my list of regular checks. If it happens again, some Marine Goop on each screw will fix the problem.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
When checking under the bonnet yesterday I saw a loose screw in the airbox, it was almost completely out.

I checked all the screws and everyone was loose, in some form. I have hit plenty of bumps but almost no corrugations, and no work has been done on the airbox.

I have now added these screws to my list of regular checks.
Thank you @TheDocAUS , that's a good hint. I'll have a look at that after sunrise.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone else is experiencing this, can they post. Nice to know if it is a one off or a broader issue.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone else is experiencing this, can they post. Nice to know if it is a one off or a broader issue.
I’ve opened and closed the airbox several times to clean out or replace the filter, having driven in very dusty conditions. I’ve also done long sections of bad corrugations. I haven’t ever noticed the screws to be loose, so hopefully your experience was a one off.

It may be interesting for others to know that the screw heads are PZ3. The screws themselves are held in place, so that even when fully loosened, they don’t fall out when you remove the cover. 🙂

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve opened and closed the airbox several times to clean out or replace the filter, having driven in very dusty conditions. I’ve also done long sections of bad corrugations. I haven’t ever noticed the screws to be loose, so hopefully your experience was a one off.

It may be interesting for others to know that the screw heads are PZ3. The screws themselves are held in place, so that even when fully loosened, they don’t fall out when you remove the cover. 🙂
Thanks, they were screw heads unknown to me (not that hard), so thanks for that.

One of my screws was completely loose, but still in the slot. Other screws were at different stages of coming loose.

EDIT: I will add that PZ3 info into the bolt/screw thread.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has been a while since I tightened the screws, despite Outback travel they have not come loose. It looks more likely the loose screws were not tighten at some point pre delivery - I did not touch them before tightening them and the first service was later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom