The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air conditioning not properly functioning!

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
I just purchased a Granadier and just the next day noticed that the air conditioner was not cooling while I had the family in the car. In fact, my daughters were in the back seats and they told me that the air out of the rear vents were blowing extremely hot air. I initially thought I had a wrong setting turned on. I double checked everything and there were no errors made. I tried the auto switch to no avail. This seemed to turn off the air as I tried to adjust volume control. From what I read in the forums this seems to be a known issue. I’m surprised we haven’t had a recall on this. Not good! This has taken a lot of the joy out of what was supposed to be a joyful event. Any suggestions? I am going to reach out to the dealer.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
There are some threads about this topic. You should find them with the search function.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
I just purchased a Granadier and just the next day noticed that the air conditioner was not cooling while I had the family in the car. In fact, my daughters were in the back seats and they told me that the air out of the rear vents were blowing extremely hot air. I initially thought I had a wrong setting turned on. I double checked everything and there were no errors made. I tried the auto switch to no avail. This seemed to turn off the air as I tried to adjust volume control. From what I read in the forums this seems to be a known issue. I’m surprised we haven’t had a recall on this. Not good! This has taken a lot of the joy out of what was supposed to be a joyful event. Any suggestions? I am going to reach out to the dealer.
There is a lot of us waiting for a fix to the HVAC. I’m rather surprised Ineos are still producing new cars with these issues. It certainly does knock the fun out of driving fresh off the dealers lot only to know it isn’t perfect and your hard earned money spent.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
For many instances of this issue, turn the truck off, lock the doors, wait 5 minutes, and continue about your day with AC

HERMAN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi John,

My truck has the identical issue as does my good friends. My truck is in the shop now over a week and I hope to get some good news. Without reliable AC the truck will be worthless to me in California Deserts etc. If my old R12 Defender 110 had "ok" AC I know Ineos can get this sorted out I am confident since it's a widespread issue.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
My system seemed to fix itself by opening a windows at high speed. That change in pressure must have unstuck an air flap as there was a noticeable thunk from the dash area.
Although my problem was no heat during winter.
It has been ok since.
A

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I just test drove a 2024 model off the lot. The AC was blowing hot air when not in "AUTO" mode.

While in AUTO mode the fan would be at max speed, the air was no longer hot, but it was still lukewarm. The fan speed meant it was too loud to have a conversation with the front passenger.

Very disappointing in an otherwise good test drive. Without the AC issue reliably resolved, the Grenadier is DOA.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
I just test drove a 2024 model off the lot. The AC was blowing hot air when not in "AUTO" mode.

While in AUTO mode the fan would be at max speed, the air was no longer hot, but it was still lukewarm. The fan speed meant it was too loud to have a conversation with the front passenger.

Very disappointing in an otherwise good test drive. Without the AC issue reliably resolved, the Grenadier is DOA.
This is a low coolant issue. System needs to be vacuumed and refilled.

Back
Top Bottom