The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Adding optional Roof Power aftermarket

Defender77

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
My IG does not have the roof plugs / switches from the factory, but I'd love to have them. How difficult to add this to a IG? I assume I can source the switch component from Ineous, is this correct? And the exterior roof outlets too?

Is it worth having the dealer do it?
IMG_2782(1).jpg

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My understanding is that it would be something of a nightmare; at one of the early "ride in" events I was told to order extended electrics, safari roof and lockers, if you wanted them, as it would be very, very difficult to add them later. (I didn't get the lockers, as I probably would never use them).

A conversation with an auto-electrician would be a good idea - depending on what you want they could customise what you want based on factory bits. The guys who put my dash cam in thought the Grenadier was very well laid out and quite easy to get extra wires into.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I think it would be super hard. The wires are built into the interior and run properly. I think you can get switches and a new panel, but the labor to run each wire would literally be a nightmare.

I bought the auxiliary battery w the switches w my Grenadier and it was well worth it. Just hooked up my auxiliary lights to it today and it was super simple.

Sorry man.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Fit
Form
Function

A good auto electrician could achieve the same function. Offroaders have been putting power on the roof for years.You could fit the Ineos overhead switch panel which would give you a similar control fit and form, but the wiring, relays, outlets, etc. would be custom. Replicating all of that as per the factory installation would be an expensive exercise in stubbornness.
Take a scroll through the Gutted Grenadier pics posted by @RyanT to get a feel for the overhead wiring. You could follow the same wire path and exits to suitable outlets and sockets.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be a mess to add everything after the fact.

Just find a good switch panel you like (I prefer the Switch Pros SP-9100, but there are plenty of options) and mount it somewhere you like.

The holes exist in the bodywork if you want to drill holes in the plastic around the grab handles to run wires through, or access the roof via more conventional methods (like up from the rear doors).

Back
Top Bottom