The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ADAS UK

Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi all

My 24 .5 model year Grenadier has ADAS it’s driving me nuts in so many ways
1 It bongs/wNd sound when it thinks you are going over a white line I live rurally and there are inconsistent lines to say the least
2 It produces 6 clicks when you go over the speed limit even that is patchy some times half a mile over and sometimes as much as 8 or 9

3 It picks up spurious signs on side roads and refuse bins so if on a 50mph dual carriage way it picks up 30 signs in side roads

4It takes 11 button pushes to deactivate every time you start the engine( y Co pilot can’t seem to reset it when driving so have to stop)and puts up warning signs in the cluster in front of the driver that don’t clear a pain at night only gaffa rape sorts that.

5 if the operation of the system is so flakey I’m scare about the “emergency breaking”

Spoils what is a fantastic vehicle

Anyone know where the clicker is????

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The emergency braking thing on a modern vehicle is truly scary. I recently had a vehicle attempt an emergency stop on my behalf due to a plastic bag that was blowing down the road brush across the front grille. I was on a bend on a wet country road and how the 🤬 I didn't end up in the hedge I don't know.

I was lucky there was no-one behind me, I don't know how I'd have been able to explain causing a pile up due to a plastic bag.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Forgot to mention: My dealer told me apparently the reason Ineos UK was/is offering £9k off all of their MY23 new stock (and driving residual prices down sharply) is because they need to offload all of their non-ADAS equipped vehicles by a certain date. My advice is grab a bargain and dodge the ADAS bullet while you can!

Sorry @CountyV8 I feel your pain 😉 (y)

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Forgot to mention: My dealer told me apparently the reason Ineos UK was/is offering £9k off all of their MY23 new stock (and driving residual prices down sharply) is because they need to offload all of their non-ADAS equipped vehicles by a certain date. My advice is grab a bargain and dodge the ADAS bullet while you can!

Sorry @CountyV8 I feel your pain 😉 (y)
That date is 7th July, the day after tomorrow.

If they haven't sold the non-ADAS models they will have to have to register them tomorrow.

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does that mean any vehicles not sold have to be retrofitted or just registered that they are manufactured pre that date and dont have to have ADAS fitted

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I just had a Hyundai something as a loan SUV while my Grenadier was getting serviced. The Hyundai beeped, chirped and finally fought my grip on the wheel and steered me violently away from the side of the road.
Apparently i had clipped the corner and crossed the white line.
I finally climbed back up into my Grenadier and revelled in the fantastic view and somewhat vague steering.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm so glad mine doesn't have it!
I had a courtesy car (Quartermaster), if you stay over the speed limit rather than trying to stick to it, it stopped clicking at me. Still kept clicking when going over centre lines.
I hate these things.
Previously they gave me a KIA and that kept moving the steering wheel when going over the lines, scared the life out of me.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a courtesy car (Quartermaster), if you stay over the speed limit rather than trying to stick to it, it stopped clicking at me. Still kept clicking when going over centre lines.
I hate these things.
Previously they gave me a KIA and that kept moving the steering wheel when going over the lines, scared the life out of me.
I am glad my Grenadier is old schoooooool
No nanny controls as long as the passenger seat is empty

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am glad my Grenadier is old schoooooool
No nanny controls as long as the passenger seat is empty
It was always my plan to buy my last car before all this rubbish was forced on us

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does that mean any vehicles not sold have to be retrofitted or just registered that they are manufactured pre that date and dont have to have ADAS fitted
It goes on the date of first registration.

So a car manufacturer has a choice if not sold and registered tomorrow.

Either retrofit, which I doubt can be done easily done.

Or register in the name of the garage or Ineos tomorrow. The downside is that it is no longer new and the V5 will show one previous owner.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It was always my plan to buy my last car before all this rubbish was forced on us
Honestly every time i climb back up into the beast i smile.
no bullshit, crap or rubbish.
Just a modern take on and old vehicle, with as little interference as possible,
i am glad i got mine pre ADAS

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
All this autonomous driving aid Sh1te is horrendous. This emergency braking sounds worse than that and downright dangerous, slamming brakes on in the middle of a bend is a bad idea at the best of times, so for a not very smart system to be doing this automatically is outrageous.

Makes me wonder how long before someone is killed from this kind of thing and the legal battles start between vehicle owners, manufacturers and law enforcement.

Sad time and like most others I am glad none of my vehicles have any of this cobblers on them. I have had three vehicles with that auto park feature on them and across the three I used it a sum total of zero times !!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have a Tesla and when we first got it it i was coming off the A1 onto a slip road at a decent speed when it slammed the brakes on. There was a broken down car on the slip and it must have assumed I was going to hit it, I wasn't but the car decided otherwise. Bloody scary! if there had been anyone behind I doubt they would have stopped. You can turn it all off on the Tesla though. at least on our 2019 model you can..

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi all

My 24 .5 model year Grenadier has ADAS it’s driving me nuts in so many ways
1 It bongs/wNd sound when it thinks you are going over a white line I live rurally and there are inconsistent lines to say the least
2 It produces 6 clicks when you go over the speed limit even that is patchy some times half a mile over and sometimes as much as 8 or 9

3 It picks up spurious signs on side roads and refuse bins so if on a 50mph dual carriage way it picks up 30 signs in side roads

4It takes 11 button pushes to deactivate every time you start the engine( y Co pilot can’t seem to reset it when driving so have to stop)and puts up warning signs in the cluster in front of the driver that don’t clear a pain at night only gaffa rape sorts that.

5 if the operation of the system is so flakey I’m scare about the “emergency breaking”

Spoils what is a fantastic vehicle

Anyone know where the clicker is????
There’s quite a bit of chatter about this from the peeps in North America. Also you can setup a shortcut to make things easier. But there’s no work around. I just turn the music up personally.

Here’s 45 pages to get you going ;)

drof14850

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had all that crap on the New Amarok ,could not even make it in and out the gate without it going off on one seeing the gate posts.
Try and reverse quickly into a parking space no chance.
But on a plus side had a great deal on a Factory stock 23 Grenadier.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had all that crap on the New Amarok ,could not even make it in and out the gate without it going off on one seeing the gate posts.
Try and reverse quickly into a parking space no chance.
But on a plus side had a great deal on a Factory stock 23 Grenadier.
Great that you got a good deal. Haven't noticed you on the forum before but see you joined in March 2024. Welcome to the forum and hope you’re enjoying your Grenadier. I love driving mine.
May see you around Poole as I spend quite a bit of time in that area.

drof14850

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great that you got a good deal. Haven't noticed you on the forum before but see you joined in March 2024. Welcome to the forum and hope you’re enjoying your Grenadier. I love driving mine.
May see you around Poole as I spend quite a bit of time in that area.
Yes certainly drop me a line when in the area and have time.