The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Accessing the Toot Horn

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Did we ever find where it is? We could always spray some electrical protection spray every once in a while.

Million mile development huh?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
So if your 17 yo son/grandson, daughter etc were cycling down the road, would you be happy that some entitled 4x4 driver is blasting their 130db horn at them?
To be honest cyclists < 17 years old aren't an issue. It's car drivers that are cycling ( especially during Tour de France week) that leave their road sense and manners back in the car that is the issue. And the new additions to the Highway Code - leave 1.5m passing space for bikes is very annoying, most of the non A and B roads around here are, if I'm lucky if the actual road is 2.2m wide. And don't set me off on logging wagons....

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Did we ever find where it is? We could always spray some electrical protection spray every once in a while.

Million mile development huh?
You take the right headlight out and one of the horns is next to the winch control box, I can't remember which one though.

Attachments

• PXL_20240316_012210954.jpg
    PXL_20240316_012210954.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20240316_012219270.jpg
    PXL_20240316_012219270.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest cyclists < 17 years old aren't an issue. It's car drivers that are cycling ( especially during Tour de France week) that leave their road sense and manners back in the car that is the issue. And the new additions to the Highway Code - leave 1.5m passing space for bikes is very annoying, most of the non A and B roads around here are, if I'm lucky if the actual road is 2.2m wide. And don't set me off on logging wagons....
I guess horse riders and pedestrians are annoying too. They don't pay road tax, insurance or carry number plates.
They all should bow to the driving god.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
I guess horse riders and pedestrians are annoying too. They don't pay road tax, insurance or carry number plates.
Or use a horse trail, sidewalk or bicycle path?

The problem is we're mixing recreational activities in a place with vehicles weighing 10-1000 times more and capable of traveling at much more significant speeds.

It's honestly illogical and unsafe to mix these modalities on the same road, just as it is to put a bicycle on a sidewalk where pedestrian are doing only 1/10th their speed.

Yet somehow, it's become a moral fight that we "share the road", and all we end up with is another wannabe Lance Armstrong chalk outline or a ghost bicycle.

Livestrong, yo.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
fail 40 year old virgin GIF

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Peloton (my nickname) on the roads by me every weekend. Talk about bunch of entitled a***holes. This isn’t one group it’s dozens of them riding around the countryside, and treating the roads like they own them. Riding two or even three abreast and even onto the other side of the road.

I have seen them park their cars all over the village green because in their words “why shouldn’t I”. They left that with massive skid marks and ruts all over it.

Not long after that they decided to have a mothers meeting in the middle of a junction (blocking it) and then looked at me like I was a, C U Next Tuesday when I had the nerve to use the toot button.

It’s not just their attitude to motorists that stinks, I also run in the area and they are ignorant as well, never speak or acknowledge me. Some of the older lone wolfs will speak, but the “real” cyclists, not a chance.

To me, they want the law when it suits them but get to a set of traffic lights and they just ride on through.

Rant over, but I don’t think the vast majority of cyclists don’t help their own cause.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Peloton (my nickname) on the roads by me every weekend. Talk about bunch of entitled a***holes. This isn’t one group it’s dozens of them riding around the countryside, and treating the roads like they own them. Riding two or even three abreast and even onto the other side of the road.

I have seen them park their cars all over the village green because in their words “why shouldn’t I”. They left that with massive skid marks and ruts all over it.

Not long after that they decided to have a mothers meeting in the middle of a junction (blocking it) and then looked at me like I was a, C U Next Tuesday when I had the nerve to use the toot button.

It’s not just their attitude to motorists that stinks, I also run in the area and they are ignorant as well, never speak or acknowledge me. Some of the older lone wolfs will speak, but the “real” cyclists, not a chance.

To me, they want the law when it suits them but get to a set of traffic lights and they just ride on through.

Rant over, but I don’t think the vast majority of cyclists don’t help their own cause.
I live by a simple rule - regardless if I'm in my truck, on my bike, walking, etc. - I have the right of way. 🤣

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if horse 🐎 riders didn't carry insurance. Not only cover vet costs, accident and illness, rider accident, but also public liability. Our horse insurance is greater than our 2 vehicles.
Horse riders by law must carry the horse passport when out. ( Must admit we rarely do ) and by law they now must be micro chipped.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or use a horse trail, sidewalk or bicycle path?

The problem is we're mixing recreational activities in a place with vehicles weighing 10-1000 times more and capable of traveling at much more significant speeds.

It's honestly illogical and unsafe to mix these modalities on the same road, just as it is to put a bicycle on a sidewalk where pedestrian are doing only 1/10th their speed.

Yet somehow, it's become a moral fight that we "share the road", and all we end up with is another wannabe Lance Armstrong chalk outline or a ghost bicycle.

Livestrong, yo.
It's not safe to cycle on many roads because some drivers are incapable of driving with respect to other road users.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

So apart from motorists carving up the village green, how much did they hold you up?
Since these rides normally take place on a Sunday, where was it important that you got to on time without losing 30 seconds?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not safe to cycle on many roads because some drivers are incapable of driving with respect to other road users.
Its a matter of physics, not courtesy. Even cars & trucks (self driving or otherwise) have collisions. The end result will be the death of the smaller, squishy units.

Reactions: CRH

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Its a matter of physics, not courtesy. Even cars & trucks (self driving or otherwise) have collisions. The end result will be the death of the smaller, squishy units.
So it is your responsibility as the driver of the heavy machine to respect more vulnerable road users

You have brakes and a steering wheel which means you can avoid pedestrians, horse riders and pedestrians.

You are victim shaming.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So it is your responsibility as the driver of the heavy machine to respect more vulnerable road users

You have brakes and a steering wheel which means you can avoid pedestrians, horse riders and pedestrians.

You are victim shaming.

If a pedestrian gets hit by a train while he's walking down the tracks - is it the trains fault for not stopping in time, or should they have not been on the tracks?

There's no victim shaming here. Its simply a case of incompatible modalities of travel. You can say whatever you like, but it never makes sense for a pedestrian to walk down the train tracks. It never makes sense for a bicyclist to ride on a road with cars.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If a pedestrian gets hit by a train while he's walking down the tracks - is it the trains fault for not stopping in time, or should they have not been on the tracks?

There's no victim shaming here. Its simply a case of incompatible modalities of travel. You can say whatever you like, but it never makes sense for a pedestrian to walk down the train tracks. It never makes sense for a bicyclist to ride on a road with cars.
Are you serious?
It's not surprising that the US road death statistics are the worst in developed world by a significant margin if that is a considered option.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
I live by a simple rule - regardless if I'm in my truck, on my bike, walking, etc. - I have the right of way. 🤣
We are all entitled to the right way 🤗
There is nothing wrong with being entitled when you are right 😉
I'll leave that for the social moralisers, urban planners and lawyers to entangle themselves over!

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Very true. Can also be said for pedestrians and motorists. Cyclists that do not signal. I had a cyclist get mad because a car was slowly trying to back out of a parking space. There was a red light and cars were stacked at the light. Cyclist was riding to the intersection and didn't even stop a those of us in the crosswalk.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
I'm in Houston. We don't have cyclists or pedestrians*, everyone is in a car or truck, on the phone. In my big ass pickup I added a second horn to get the attention of the inattentive (and because the last time my truck was broken into, they first cut the wire to the primary horn, bastards). I think the Toot is a joke, or I guess a hoot. :sneaky: I found it the other day behind and below the headlight, I can just barely reach it. I want to replace it with a FU horn, I'm just not sure there is room. It needs to be loud enough to startle the adjacent drivers but not so loud as to trigger a road rage shooting.

*Yes we have a few bikes and a few walkers.. they are the reason I need the Roo Bar.

Lurcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys, has anyone actually found the toot horn? Mine became mute after driving very corrugated roads - I think.

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I lost my main horn a couple weeks ago, still not back, first crossing was about 28-30". next one about 22"

what's strange is if you can put it in Wading Mode, up to what 31". things like this should not be an issue

Back
Top Bottom