The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AC problems

Chefmarwan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody else was having problems with their AC unit? I took my Grenadier to my dealer and they had fixed it, but it just went out again. I have less than 4000 miles on it and want to see if this is a usual problem or not. Thanks!

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
Short answer...yes. Some have said they get cold air through the front and hot air to the rear seats. This seems to be "fixed" when they turn off the vehicle, lock the doors and let it sleep. Next time they start it it usually works.
Others have had leaks. Other seem to have "unknown" issues and take it to the dealer one or more times. Several threads here about issues if you can find them (i always have trouble searching and finding info I know is there!!!).

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
AC right now is all over the place for MANY owners... so we just have to see what the fix is once someone actually gets a proper and working fix!

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
Did try all the possible combinaisons auto on/off, AC on/off, ...
Didn't succeed in having it work in 18000 km, 6 months and 300 hours spent onboard.
Even when everything is switched off I have some random blowing.
They say they have to investigate
(...)

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Short answer...yes. Some have said they get cold air through the front and hot air to the rear seats. This seems to be "fixed" when they turn off the vehicle, lock the doors and let it sleep. Next time they start it it usually works.
This is exactly the issue I have had since I bought it in December. It works 9 out of 10 times so I am reluctant to take it to the dealer, they will run it a few times with no issue and hand it back saying no problem found. In general the HVAC system is junk. I was hoping it was a software issue but it doesn't sound like this is part of the latest software update. I also heard its a faulty module? Waiting until the dealer has a definite fix before I hand it over.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Even when everything is switched off I have some random blowing.
They say they have to investigate
(...)
Same, I had the whole system turned off and after 10 minutes the vents started blowing hot air again. It really, really thinks I need hot air.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same, I had the whole system turned off and after 10 minutes the vents started blowing hot air again. It really, really thinks I need hot air.
When that happened to me (when I gave my wife her first ride in the Grenadier), I called the dealer and asked if they knew any tricks to stop it.
They did - told me to shut the truck off, and press the lock button on the keyfob three times. Remarkably, the issue went away and never happened since.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
- told me to shut the truck off, and press the lock button on the keyfob three times. Remarkably, the issue went away and never happened since.
I’ve never heard of that. Any idea what it actually does?

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When that happened to me (when I gave my wife her first ride in the Grenadier), I called the dealer and asked if they knew any tricks to stop it.
They did - told me to shut the truck off, and press the lock button on the keyfob three times. Remarkably, the issue went away and never happened since.
Thats curious because the only way I can get it to stop is to turn it off and lock it and let it sit a few minutes until the flat screen turns off. I then usually will work but not always, it eventually happens again.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No idea what it does, but it did kick the HVAC out of heat-on-full-blast mode.

Local time
Reaction score
Did you say beetlejuice three times while doing it?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wish this was a real solution. I’m three days with heat on max. It would be so bad except for temps in the upper 80’s with full-on humidity. Calling the dealer Monday. Plan to drop it off for a loaner.

Local time
Reaction score
I wish this was a real solution. I’m three days with heat on max. It would be so bad except for temps in the upper 80’s with full-on humidity. Calling the dealer Monday. Plan to drop it off for a loaner.
That sucks. I'm no computer guy, I don't write code. I've just used cad/cam and other software, so a device randomly doing things that it programmed to do really seems out of place to me. To me computers are stupid and do what they are told. Is it possible it's merely just stuck flaps, or broken linkages to the flaps? I haven't had any HVAC issues (yet) but I do notice changing vents is much faster if you do so with the fan on low rather than high. It's as if the mechanism is weak or flimsy and duct pressure inhibits position changes.

Local time
Reaction score
Thats curious because the only way I can get it to stop is to turn it off and lock it and let it sit a few minutes until the flat screen turns off. I then usually will work but not always, it eventually happens again.
That’s gotta be frustrating as hell. And AC is a basic item. In Florida there is a term for a car with no a/c—-“totaled”

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the system resolved its errors. Remnants of Debbie blew through and made for a nice morning, so I drove my early trip without touching the HVAC. Return trip was a little warmer so I checked the AC - back to full-on cold at front and rear vents! System held through the day.

Still on my Dealer fix-it list. In another thread a post said it is a faulty sensor in the flap box requiring 1-2 days work. I'll make sure to have that discussion.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Plan to drop it off for a loaner.
I had no idea RDS did loaners.... Mine has been hissing/whistling a bit under the dash and AC power has diminished substantially (especially if ambient temps are >82°F), so I'm assuming low on freon. After 13k miles and 4 months, I'm assuming it is a very slow leak somewhere in the system.

I actually have an appointment at 8am on Tuesday @ RDS

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had no idea RDS did loaners.... Mine has been hissing/whistling a bit under the dash and AC power has diminished substantially (especially if ambient temps are >82°F), so I'm assuming low on freon. After 13k miles and 4 months, I'm assuming it is a very slow leak somewhere in the system.

I actually have an appointment at 8am on Tuesday @ RDS
I don’t know what they have for loaners.

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
I posted to the other AC thread on this topic, but for cross pollination: mine went south last week at somewhere around 1600 miles after a week plus of 95°F heat. I’m 99% sure it’s refrigerant related — the condensation puddle under the truck is significantly less than it was 2 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom