The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score

mikemadden

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and put on some new meats, again 🤣

I’m thoroughly impressed with these Toyo open country RT Trails. I started with 275/70r17, Eibach prototyped, put on 285/75r17, but knew there was more space. Finally ended up with 35x12.5. Haven’t tested offroad yet but there appears to be plenty of clearance.

I tested the 285/75r17 extensively rock crawling and there was still plenty of space remaining during articulation so I’m confident these will clear without issue.

My previous build was a Jeep JKU on a Currie vxr60 front, shaved 14 bolt rear, 3 link long arms, 2.5 king coilovers, hydro steer, 40’s, beadlocks, fully armored, etc. I went through BFG KO2’s, Goodyear wrangler mtrk’s, and nitto trail grapplers. The good years in 38x14.5 were my favorite tire with lots of sidewall deflection and had less slip than the guys on 40’s. I did really love the trail grapplers too in 40x13.5. For a dedicated rock crawler those tires were exceptional. This build is more of an overlander with rock crawling capability that sees lots of highway mileage. These toyos are quiet, comfortable, and more aggressive than a typical AT for better traction Offroad. Plus they look super cool compared to your run of the mill AT.

I know lots of guys in this demographic prefer tall skinny tires, I prefer thicker flotation sizes for more lateral stability. Plus they fit the size of the car better.
View attachment 7855792
View attachment 7855791
Nice rig just bought one myself live in Tustin you really like the RT on this? Did they redesign them? I had them on a 2018 Raptor that I got from the Late Bob Gordon and did not like them at all…I was going to run the stock 17” steel wheels and wanted to squeeze a 35 on there we will see…I was looking at the AT3’s. Do you happen to own Bodhi Leaf Coffee? Pretty rare name…great coffee…

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and put on some new meats, again 🤣

I’m thoroughly impressed with these Toyo open country RT Trails. I started with 275/70r17, Eibach prototyped, put on 285/75r17, but knew there was more space. Finally ended up with 35x12.5. Haven’t tested offroad yet but there appears to be plenty of clearance.

I tested the 285/75r17 extensively rock crawling and there was still plenty of space remaining during articulation so I’m confident these will clear without issue.

My previous build was a Jeep JKU on a Currie vxr60 front, shaved 14 bolt rear, 3 link long arms, 2.5 king coilovers, hydro steer, 40’s, beadlocks, fully armored, etc. I went through BFG KO2’s, Goodyear wrangler mtrk’s, and nitto trail grapplers. The good years in 38x14.5 were my favorite tire with lots of sidewall deflection and had less slip than the guys on 40’s. I did really love the trail grapplers too in 40x13.5. For a dedicated rock crawler those tires were exceptional. This build is more of an overlander with rock crawling capability that sees lots of highway mileage. These toyos are quiet, comfortable, and more aggressive than a typical AT for better traction Offroad. Plus they look super cool compared to your run of the mill AT.

I know lots of guys in this demographic prefer tall skinny tires, I prefer thicker flotation sizes for more lateral stability. Plus they fit the size of the car better.
View attachment 7855792
View attachment 7855791

Great Build !!
Based on your experience, will the stock suspension fit 33x12.5R18 on the Black Rhino Wheels +32 offset without rubbing?
If not, I was thinking 295/70/R18

There is one guy running 33x12.5R22 with +30 Offset on Vossen rims without any rubbing.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice rig just bought one myself live in Tustin you really like the RT on this? Did they redesign them? I had them on a 2018 Raptor that I got from the Late Bob Gordon and did not like them at all…I was going to run the stock 17” steel wheels and wanted to squeeze a 35 on there we will see…I was looking at the AT3’s. Do you happen to own Bodhi Leaf Coffee? Pretty rare name…great coffee…
Hey thanks! We’re in mission Viejo so not too far! They did redesign them I believe, I’m actually super impressed by these coming from nitro trail grapplers in a 40” tire. You won’t want to put 35x12.5 on the factory wheel as they’re too wide. An 11.5 would probably be the max. Guys are running a 35x10.5 perfectly. I’d prefer metric sizes if staying with the narrow factory wheel.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No we don’t own Bodhi leaf, wish we did! All of our vehicles are named after our son Bodhi, who was named in honor of the Bodhi tree and as a bodhisattva. For those that don’t know, a bodhisattva or phothisat in Thai is an individual that has achieved enlightenment but forgoes nirvana as he is required on earth still to help spread compassion and happiness to those who need it. The name originates from our Thai and Buddhist heritage from my fathers side.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great Build !!
Based on your experience, will the stock suspension fit 33x12.5R18 on the Black Rhino Wheels +32 offset without rubbing?
If not, I was thinking 295/70/R18

There is one guy running 33x12.5R22 with +30 Offset on Vossen rims without any rubbing.
Thank you!

Yes that size will probably fit without rubbing. The width should be fine especially with that offset. Many have fit 285/75 on stock suspension which is not far off. If I was running a 33 though I would be running a thinner tire.

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!

Yes that size will probably fit without rubbing. The width should be fine especially with that offset. Many have fit 285/75 on stock suspension which is not far off. If I was running a 33 though I would be running a thinner tire.
Thanks for your input.
Ordered the Rims and Tires for a test fit. Hopefully we are Golden !!

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!

I was able to fit 33x12.5R18 on the Rhino Outback with No Lift and No rubbing.
The issue now is, the wheels are 8" wide and the minimum width for the tires is 8.5" wide and Discount Tire will not let this fly as it might pop the tires out.

Is this concern legit or the tolerance too high with Discount Tire for liability?
I can order this setup from elsewhere. Pretty sure a lot of folks are running the same setup !!!
Isn't your rim also 8" ??

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-29 at 3.43.21 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
I think that may affect wear, but if you like it, send it. It's a sample size of one, but I've had .5 without incident. .

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was able to fit 33x12.5R18 on the Rhino Outback with No Lift and No rubbing.
The issue now is, the wheels are 8" wide and the minimum width for the tires is 8.5" wide and Discount Tire will not let this fly as it might pop the tires out.

Is this concern legit or the tolerance too high with Discount Tire for liability?
I can order this setup from elsewhere. Pretty sure a lot of folks are running the same setup !!!
Isn't your rim also 8" ??

View attachment 7865188
An 8” - 9” wheel is the recommended width for a 12.5” tire. My wheels are 8”. Jk guys habitually ran 12.5 tires on the factory 7.5” wheels with minimal issues, though suboptimal. An 8.5 or 9 would be ideal. I ran a 9” wide on my 38x14.5 mtrks for a long time, but they were also beadlocks. Ran 37x13.5 on 9” wide. When I went to 40’s I ran 17x10 with the 40x13.5.

I think a 33x12.5r18 is fine on an 8” wide wheel, especially if not necessarily offroading a lot. FYI, americas tire has mounted all of my tires and never mentioned that anything about wheel width or liability.

Back
Top Bottom