The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2k mile review.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Just returned from my trip into the woods of Maine, which ticked the 2k mark on the odometer.

To date, my negatives.

1) the rear right parking sensor intermittently goes off for no logical reason when backing. Been this way since delivery, we thought the software update would fix. Minor annoyance.

2) the inability for the vehicle to remember my settings (speed warning off, etc…) every time I start the vehicle. Minor too but an annoyance.

3) power steering whine. One of those things that you are glad they over engineered the heck out of it but good grief. Minor, again.

END list.

What I didn’t find that many have commented on:

1) leaks. None of any kind. Not from the windshield, safari’s or doors (all).
2) see sawing. Many talk about having to constantly see saw the wheel to keep a line. This is not a Jaguar, it’s a truck bordering on being a tractor. That said, I didn’t have those problems on the highway (interstate). You need to pay attention but all this talk about the need to constantly correct is NOT my experience. Local paved roads, same thing. When you turn hard, you need to steer—just like the old days. I happen to like it. Off pavement, well, in a word: beautiful. Absolutely freakin’ beautiful.
3) steering rubbing on the cooling hose. Not present, nor any sign that it ever would.
4) brake line rubbing on the front axle tires. Not present, nor any sign that it ever would.
5) weird clanging when hitting a good rut. This I did experience. Almost like a cymbal sound. Like a piece loose metal. Only happened when on some dirt roads where I was at speed and a rut surprised me. Need to check the forum for that, plus I will be cleaning the underbody today. I’ll report if I find anything.

END list of what I was looking for. In my VIN I believe the C4 part in the digit sequence is the latest build config sequence, A and B models being early prototypes. Curious is some earlier sequences (C1, C2, C3) had these early growing pains of a new vehicle. Just a thought.

The positives are too long to list but let me give a few.

The confidence to take this truck to places that I would have normally said—“no thank you”simply evaporate away. Absolute joy to drive off road—on pavement too but not nearly as fun as being able to look places and say—“yeah, I could go there”.

The dual battery system with extra switches are phenomenal. Already started building the truck out using these. Crazy not to add that to a build.

The builds quality of the truck is fantastic. I’ve seen some reviews where people mention the black trim, BMW shifter, plastic—etc etc. If I wanted nice trim, I’d buy a Bentley. The fit in my truck is excellent. As to the shifter, it works and it works well. The superficial stuff…and let’s face it, that is what it is, pales in comparison to how the big parts of this truck are constructed. It’s a tank. The frame, axles, engine, transmission and transfer case are bullet proof. The body on frame is very well put together—leaps and bounds above any old Defender.

I have more positives but for me, the best positive I can give is my recommendation to own. If you want a real 4x4–reread that—a real 4x4, the INEOS Grenadier is the choice for space, grace and capability. Love mine.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Mine has C6 in the VIN. Not sure what differences are between a C4 and a C6 though.

Here is link to post made with respect to VIN Numbers and what it means for INEOS vehicles.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Just returned from my trip into the woods of Maine, which ticked the 2k mark on the odometer.

To date, my negatives.

1) the rear right parking sensor intermittently goes off for no logical reason when backing. Been this way since delivery, we thought the software update would fix. Minor annoyance.

2) the inability for the vehicle to remember my settings (speed warning off, etc…) every time I start the vehicle. Minor too but an annoyance.

3) power steering whine. One of those things that you are glad they over engineered the heck out of it but good grief. Minor, again.

END list.

2) see sawing. Many talk about having to constantly see saw the wheel to keep a line. This is not a Jaguar, it’s a truck bordering on being a tractor. That said, I didn’t have those problems on the highway (interstate). You need to pay attention but all this talk about the need to constantly correct is NOT my experience. Local paved roads, same thing. When you turn hard, you need to steer—just like the old days. I happen to like it. Off pavement, well, in a word: beautiful. Absolutely freakin’ beautiful.
3) steering rubbing on the cooling hose. Not present, nor any sign that it ever would.
4) brake line rubbing on the front axle tires. Not present, nor any sign that it ever would.
5) weird clanging when hitting a good rut. This I did experience. Almost like a cymbal sound. Like a piece loose metal. Only happened when on some dirt roads where I was at speed and a rut surprised me. Need to check the forum for that, plus I will be cleaning the underbody today. I’ll report if I find anything.

END list of what I was looking for. In my VIN I believe the C4 part in the digit sequence is the latest build config sequence, A and B models being early prototypes. Curious is some earlier sequences (C1, C2, C3) had these early growing pains of a new vehicle. Just a thought.

The confidence to take this truck to places that I would have normally said—“no thank you”simply evaporate away. Absolute joy to drive off road—on pavement too but not nearly as fun as being able to look places and say—“yeah, I could go there”.

The dual battery system with extra switches are phenomenal. Already started building the truck out using these. Crazy not to add that to a build.

The builds quality of the truck is fantastic. I’ve seen some reviews where people mention the black trim, BMW shifter, plastic—etc etc. If I wanted nice trim, I’d buy a Bentley. The fit in my truck is excellent. As to the shifter, it works and it works well. The superficial stuff…and let’s face it, that is what it is, pales in comparison to how the big parts of this truck are constructed. It’s a tank. The frame, axles, engine, transmission and transfer case are bullet proof. The body on frame is very well put together—leaps and bounds above any old Defender.

I have more positives but for me, the best positive I can give is my recommendation to own. If you want a real 4x4–reread that—a real 4x4, the INEOS Grenadier is the choice for space, grace and capability. Love mine.
Hi ethree, Great post! Ditto. In regards to the weird clanging, It may the front stabilizer shock making that cymbal noise when going over bumps. It's been mentioned a few times in the forum before. DaBull

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score

To date, my negatives.

END list.

I agree with your thinking. I want a durable vehicle with solid engineering. I can live with the compromises such as strange HVAC and non auto up windows.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has C6 in the VIN. Not sure what differences are between a C4 and a C6 though.

Here is link to post made with respect to VIN Numbers and what it means for INEOS vehicles.

Interesting and thanks. When did you pick yours up. Mine was in the USA in early February. If yours was earlier—so much for that theory!

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi ethree, Great post! Ditto. In regards to the weird clanging, It may the front stabilizer shock making that cymbal noise when going over bumps. It's been mentioned a few times in the forum before. DaBull
THANK YOU. This is what makes this forum so damn awesome. I just saw that.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Interesting and thanks. When did you pick yours up. Mine was in the USA in early February. If yours was earlier—so much for that theory!

Mine was picked up on Dec 28, 2024 and, like your vehicle, no issues to speak of.

Back
Top Bottom