The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

255/85R17 with Eibach springs

Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Paul at Shoreline in Huntington Beach has set aside a quintet of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in 255/85R17 for me a while ago, and I was able to make it up for install today.
I had a fortunate turn of events at work and was able to snag the “old” white Grenadier from the company I work for (Owl) and bring it back to reside at my house.
This has the Eibach Springs that Owl has in stock and the Owl Talon wheels in custom Scottish White paint.
I run this tire on my Sprinter Van and have found it to be quite good at most everything, and it is certainly a very photogenic tire with a classic pizza cutter aesthetic.

(The missing side trim is no longer missing)
Perfect look in my opinion. Both the wheels and tires. My question is is there a noticeable power loss, and can the speedo/odo be corrected easily to compensate for the taller tire?

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Paul at Shoreline in Huntington Beach has set aside a quintet of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in 255/85R17 for me a while ago, and I was able to make it up for install today.
I had a fortunate turn of events at work and was able to snag the “old” white Grenadier from the company I work for (Owl) and bring it back to reside at my house.
This has the Eibach Springs that Owl has in stock and the Owl Talon wheels in custom Scottish White paint.
I run this tire on my Sprinter Van and have found it to be quite good at most everything, and it is certainly a very photogenic tire with a classic pizza cutter aesthetic.

(The missing side trim is no longer missing)
Had these on my Gladiator, good tires in all weather. Good stability. My only complaint was uneven wear. They just seemed to get choppy. I rate them an 7/10 I do like the 35x10 nice and narrow. And for an A/T tire pretty quiet.

I have a set of Toyo Open Country 35x11 sitting at home waiting for wheels and springs.

Back
Top Bottom