The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2500 euros.

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Good MorningI received an email today telling me that in April we must make a new payment of 2,500 euros.I wonder how many of us are willing to pay without trying it first.This Sunday I'm going to get on a prototype but they won't let you drive it.

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Manuel4x4 said:
 Good MorningI received an email today telling me that in April we must make a new payment of 2,500 euros.
I wonder how many of us are willing to pay without trying it first.
This Sunday I'm going to get on a prototype but they won't let you drive it.

Agreed. Not me. I want to know what it's like at Motorway speeds, which is where it will spend most of its time for me. 

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
I'm happy to place my order without any prior test drive. I have utmost faith that Sir Jim's back of a beermat inspiration through to final production will more than meet and exceed my expectations and requirements.

Ipe

Local time
Reaction score
While the delay for North American release is going to be a drag, part of me is glad that the rest of the planet will be beta testing prior to the Grenadier release here. We'll also be living vicariously through you folks that are lucky enough to have them! 

All that said, would I plunk my 2500 down drive un-driven/sight unseen? So far Ineos has been up front about things so I'd imagine (hope but want actual confirmation) that if you were dissatisfied then you'd get your deposit back. So yes, I probably would.  Then again, thats an assumption and we all know about those. So, I'd also want some sort of assurance I wasn't going to be fleeced with no recourse if things were not as expected. 

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would have no issues with the deposit.  I am 99% sure this will be my next vehicle as I have been since I first saw it.  I have regretted passing on a D90 now for 25 years.  Don't want to regret this as well.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
The question is , how much test driving would you need to confirm the vehicle was suitable?Unless you can borrow a friends , you won't be able to run it hard. (We already know it can do moderate no worries at all)If you have reserved and don't take up the initial offer you may be put to the back of the queue.All new car orders require a decent deposit as the car is tailored to your specs. That said , I suspect it would sell very easily if for whatever reason you bought it sight unseen and hated it.New prices have only one direction to travel. The global situation could upset the apple cart at any time."Who dares wins! ?

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning
I agree with the partner Dominic
My biggest doubts are in road use
My first impressions when trying other cars have always served me well before deciding.
I did not like the jeep or labdrover rigid axles on the road and if I liked the hdj80 or the old mercedes g, I hope it looks like the latter

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Agreed Tazzieman. 

I think the grenadier will drive better than a jeep JL on the road, but not as well as a new Gwagon (mainly due to the IFS on the G). For me that's plenty comfortable on the road, considering i currently daily a 2002 hilux since selling my Jeep

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The correct vahicle for my needs is a Disco4 / LR4 with a crank that doesn't snap and electrics that don't break. I'm not really a hardcore Defender person, I need to travel on roads a lot and need a large (preferably flat) load space. Off road ability is needed, but it's not my primary use. It feels like the Grenadier is somewhere between the old Defender and the Disco4, which is unavoidable given modern constraints around safety and emissions. The problem (apart from the non-flat floor) is that not a single one of the review videos (or Ineos's own videos) has anyone going more that about 40 Km/h. If the Grenadier's on-road manners are poor, I won't be able to put up with it. Just one or two journalists describing its behaviour at high road speeds would be enough to settle it for me, but clearly Ineos have no concern about this aspect and haven't mentioned it or demonstrated it.

Ipe

Local time
Reaction score
Highway manners are going to be the make it or break it for many (if not most) would be my guess. With solid axles and lockers front and rear it should do very well off-road so that question is rather moot. How it goes down the road at 70-80mph is the question. We just need to be shown how it actually does. 

Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Dominic Perry  dominicperry userid=8372267 postid=1332040353]The correct vahicle for my needs is a Disco4 / LR4 with a crank that doesn't snap and electrics that don't break. I'm not really a hardcore Defender person, I need to travel on roads a lot and need a large (preferably flat) load space. Off road ability is needed, but it's not my primary use. It feels like the Grenadier is somewhere between the old Defender and the Disco4, which is unavoidable given modern constraints around safety and emissions. The problem (apart from the non-flat floor) is that not a single one of the review videos (or Ineos's own videos) has anyone going more that about 40 Km/h. If the Grenadier's on-road manners are poor, I won't be able to put up with it. Just one or two journalists describing its behaviour at high road speeds would be enough to settle it for me, but clearly Ineos have no concern about this aspect and haven't mentioned it or demonstrated it.[/QUOTE]

Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Dominic Perry  dominicperry userid=8372267 postid=1332040353]The correct vahicle for my needs is a Disco4 / LR4 with a crank that doesn't snap and electrics that don't break. I'm not really a hardcore Defender person, I need to travel on roads a lot and need a large (preferably flat) load space. Off road ability is needed, but it's not my primary use. It feels like the Grenadier is somewhere between the old Defender and the Disco4, which is unavoidable given modern constraints around safety and emissions. The problem (apart from the non-flat floor) is that not a single one of the review videos (or Ineos's own videos) has anyone going more that about 40 Km/h. If the Grenadier's on-road manners are poor, I won't be able to put up with it. Just one or two journalists describing its behaviour at high road speeds would be enough to settle it for me, but clearly Ineos have no concern about this aspect and haven't mentioned it or demonstrated it.[/QUOTE]

Dominic,

Here is a link to an article from someone who road shotgun in the Grenadier as it “raced” up the hill at Goodwood. It is the only article that I have found where someone has assessed the Grenadier’s on-road manners.

https://carreviewsguide.com/2022-ineos-grenadier-review-riding-shotgun-at-goodwood/

Hope this helps.

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
RoadBuilder said:
Dominic,

Here is a link to an article from someone who road shotgun in the Grenadier as it “raced” up the hill at Goodwood. It is the only article that I have found where someone has assessed the Grenadier’s on-road manners.
Hope this helps.

Thanks. Interesting.
I also found a short video of it being driven at Goodwood. 
Noticeable that it's on alloy wheels for this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekYMLB6MuE

Ipe

Local time
Reaction score
RoadBuilder said:
Hope this helps.

It did, thanks! Good read. I'm curious what the speed limit was set at, although it sounds like it was a quick, fun ride.  

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Dominic Perry  dominicperry userid=8372267 postid=1332028658]

Agreed. Not me. I want to know what it's like at Motorway speeds, which is where it will spend most of its time for me. [/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I respectfully suggest you look around for something else -It's not intended as a motorway cruiser, it's designed to  spend a lot of its time 'unmade' roads....
That being said, the chap who was contracted by Ineos to drive  the prototype from Sth Australia to SE Queensland ( 1200+ miles in two days) is a former Australian champion rally driver/instructor. From reports on other forums/fora?he really pushed it along during the trip (the open road speed limit in Australia in most State jurisdictions is between 100 and 110km/hr (say 62-68mph) and was very complimentary about the stability, ride comfort and general highway performance . In my "other life" when I was gainfully employed?before I reached the so-called "third age", I was in the USA several times a year for work and did a lot of driving. I became a big fan of the free-way system but was always wary of driving at the speeds of fellow motorists...speed limits for many seemed "optional". ?

Local time
Reaction score
Think of all the POS cars that you have owned and enjoyed and how almost every successive new car was better than the one you had before. My profile pic is a 1972 IH Travelall, and I owned and drove a Mighty Max PU that had been flooded in a hurricane, where do i sign? Hold my beer and take my money!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Ha. I hear you. I can feel a “what’s the worst car you’ve ever have the misery of owning” thread brewing. 

Local time
Reaction score
My vote is for my 1985 VW Scirocco! Paid $400 from auction in 2001 and I was robbed! That was the most uncomfortable car I have ever had the displeasure of driving! Sold it for $500 after a year or so and moved on. Now I have a diesel Jetta and love it, who wouldave thunked it?

Back
Top Bottom