The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

šŸ‘‹ Interested in a Grenadier

Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Iā€™m new to the forum and excited to be here. I donā€™t own a Grenadier yet, but Iā€™ve been following its development closely and am really interested in learning more from those who have firsthand experience.

Iā€™m especially curious about its off-road capabilities, daily drivability, and overall ownership experience. Iā€™d appreciate any insights, tips, or advice you can share as I consider whether the Grenadier might be the right vehicle for me.

Looking forward to connecting with you all and learning from your experiences!
Thanks šŸ˜Š

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Itā€™s subjective and depends on your own personal needs. Itā€™s still a rare sight on our roads and has road presence. Solid on road, you need to get used to the steering need to drive it.. itā€™s not a soft roader. Off road, in my view, itā€™s been great. Some have already taken them across Africa and reliability seems excellent now the early ones, which Iā€™ve got, have shaken out most of the snags.

I would not be without mine now..

Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
On 6.8.2024 I test drove diesel in MƔlaga, Southern Spain. Four days later I had the opportunity to test another diesel from Finnish dealer in off-road conditions. It had rained the previous night and the conditions were extremely difficult. Both tested cars had BFG AT tyres that aren't very good on muddy trails and this caused some problems on slippery sections. And we didn't deflate tyres, they had road pressure all the time.

On easier tracks only center diff was locked and driving was easy. When we moved to more difficult parts rear locker was engaged nearly all the time and front unit when needed. The suspension works fine, there is enough articulation for the axles and springs have been dimensioned so well that traveling on a rough surface is extremely smooth. It is not as good as some of my specially built Land Rovers but as a standard (plus lockers) vehicle it performa great. Possibly the best LWB that you can buy. If I would have driven my own car I certainly had pushed it more than I dare with a loan vehicle.

Pictures here.
One video.

PS. It is very likely that I will buy one on my return trip to Spain. But petrol engined.

Last edited:

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Welcome to the community! Lots of great folks here to glean information from. For me, Iā€™m 1.5 months and over 2,500 miles in. Havenā€™t done much off-roading aside from a long (~45 mi) drive down gravel/dirt forest service roads with a group of owners guided by our local dealer, Elliot Bay in Seattle, WA. Off road it is so much smoother than my last rig, a 1997 80-series Land Cruiser (2.5ā€ OME lift and the same tires BFG AT KO2).

My wife and I daily drive it around 40-45 miles round trip during the week and as much as I can on the weekends. Itā€™s a huge step forward in comfort and performance over my Land Cruiser and I am still excited every time I get in it. Turning radius is wide so you have to plan for it.

Few questions for you:
- Have you driven one yet?
- Where are you located?
- What do you currently drive?
- What is your experience with 4x4 vehicles?
- What is your intended use? Weekend fun? Occasional/frequent road trips? Commuting (city or rural?) Dedicated overland rig?

For my use itā€™s been excellent so far, but there are a few niggles that pop up occasionally. All in all weā€™re very happy with our purchase.

Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Iā€™m new to the forum and excited to be here. I donā€™t own a Grenadier yet, but Iā€™ve been following its development closely and am really interested in learning more from those who have firsthand experience.

Iā€™m especially curious about its off-road capabilities, daily drivability, and overall ownership experience. Iā€™d appreciate any insights, tips, or advice you can share as I consider whether the Grenadier might be the right vehicle for me.

Thanks šŸ˜Š
If youā€™re not in a rush I might consider waiting it out. Car is great but I have had a few problems, some of which remain unfixed (and Iā€™m not even sure if they will fix them) despite the significant $$ I forked out. Iā€™m hoping the customer service and quality improve soon

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks šŸ˜Š
Maybe give the group a little feedback on your criteria. Is this a daily? Or dedicated recreation/adventure? Are you hoping for something for campsites and fire roads, or major rock crawling? Extended expeditions or weekenders? Are you in a major metropolitan area, suburbs, exurbs or rural? And how would you rate your risk tolerance (remember that we donā€™t have a service network beyond the dealers and some informal handshake agreements with local independent mechanics)?

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Is it for you? Its a 1% vehicle. Generally, that 1% is very committed to off roading. While ours is a daily driver, we live off-road. Off-road its a monster, a triple locked, solid axle rig with one ton running gear it crushes trails with stuff that wont really break. Its fine on road assuming you are not someone who prefers street car manners. Beyond that it has a lot of unique overlanding features and a unique look that does not exist elsewhere in the market.

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We just took a trip to Southern California from Phoenix and back this last weekend.

That was the most time that I have spent behind the wheel getting to know how the IG handles at long highway speeds.

Eibach 30mm springs and 285/75/17 KO2 tires. Sane driving speeds are required as the wagon did become a handful to steer on twisty sections of Los Angeles freeways and highways at LA freeway speeds.

Cruising speed and power are no problem.

Off-road, why I bought the IG, the thing is a mountain goat. Claws like a cat.

First off-road drive with a couple of members here was awesome. Our slightly modded LX450 would have been in big trouble almost immediately as our leader took us onto his trail mapā€™s route.

The Grenadier is much more capable than my skill level.

I bought is as a daily driver driver, beater, and camping rig.

It has its limitations. It will be the last vehicle that I buy. *

* motorcycles might be an exception

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks šŸ˜Š
As my old service buddy told me: ā€œGet down there and buy it! Itā€™ll be the least-nerdy thing you ever did!ā€ He was right. šŸ˜ - Mark / Colorado Springs

Back
Top Bottom