The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

“The Drive” review, but…

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
FWIW, the wheel isn't symmetrical at all, the tactile feel of the top and bottom are different (not only the shape but the diameter as well); additionally, I can absolutely confirm that emergency lane changes at Texas interstate speeds are completely possible and controlled

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
Lots of positive but some bad that I think owners already know. The part I found interesting was the symmetry of the wheel and a “what if” in an emergency maneuver.

A Gen Z with experience limited to a short test track Vs some double cab pickups.

Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
FWIW, the wheel isn't symmetrical at all, the tactile feel of the top and bottom are different (not only the shape but the diameter as well); additionally, I can absolutely confirm that emergency lane changes at Texas interstate speeds are completely possible and controlled
Symmetrical might have been a poor choice of words. Maybe a weird situation but loading the truck on ramp for a small ferry ride it became critical to know if the wheels where pointing straight...I had to do a double check to determine if the wheel was upside down or not (and it was upside down). Easy enough but at a quick glance wasn't 100% clear as I am use to focusing on the center vs the bottom or top. Until I read this article I didn't think about my double take with the Grenadier wheel. Thinking back to every car I've ever owned I believe all have had 3 spoke wheels. Look, none of us want to be doing 70 and have to make a drastic move in the IG (vs lets say a porsche:). I'll bet I would say the same about the Cullinan but I know if the wheel is straight (Smile)

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The part I found interesting was the symmetry of the wheel and a “what if” in an emergency maneuver.
Meh. The writer says, "I’m honestly not sure an emergency maneuver is even possible". 🤦‍♂️ Such drama.

I think what the writer meant to say was, "I'm honestly not sure I can open a ketchup pack and squirt it on my yam fries while doing lane changes while steering with my knees on the interstate in the Grenadier like I can in most cars in 2024." Yeah, I'd accept that review. The steering takes more attention. Carry on!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
I think what the writer meant to say was, "I'm honestly not sure I can open a ketchup pack and squirt it on my yam fries while doing lane changes while steering with my knees on the interstate in the Grenadier like I can in most cars in 2024." Yeah, I'd accept that review. The steering takes more attention. Carry on!
Not Ketchup, but sauce packet.... and not yam fries but chicken nuggets.... and can confirm that this too is possible :ROFLMAO:

Local time
Reaction score
wouldn't it be easier to check the wheel angle in the offroad section of the infotainment?
great point and one I hadn't thought of.

Over time its kind of a non issue but like many things with this truck its a: roll back to the olden days, yet 'blessed' with all the modern nannies and a sprinkle (no pun about the leaks) of quirks only found in the IG:) TIC

Reactions: IGL

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
American version does not have a massive hump the size of a milk bottle in the RHD footwell... you really have very little to complain about 😇

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
Symmetrical might have been a poor choice of words. Maybe a weird situation but loading the truck on ramp for a small ferry ride it became critical to know if the wheels where pointing straight...I had to do a double check to determine if the wheel was upside down or not (and it was upside down). Easy enough but at a quick glance wasn't 100% clear as I am use to focusing on the center vs the bottom or top. Until I read this article I didn't think about my double take with the Grenadier wheel. Thinking back to every car I've ever owned I believe all have had 3 spoke wheels. Look, none of us want to be doing 70 and have to make a drastic move in the IG (vs lets say a porsche:). I'll bet I would say the same about the Cullinan but I know if the wheel is straight (Smile)
If you are doing 70 MPH and you turn the wheel more than 180 degrees you will find you won't need to worry about which way the front wheels are pointing as it will be obvious.
They will be pointing at the sky....the horizon....the ground.... the horizon......the sky.......etc etc.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
"My driving time with the Grenadier was limited to a short series of on- and off-road tests "
"The D-pad-style button layout is intuitive to my Xbox controller-trained hands, too."
  • Amateur racer in the 24 Hours of Lemons
They let a child drive this on the highway?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom